Audigy2 ZS Platinum questions
Nov 7, 2005 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SlackerClerk107

Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a new soundcard and this one caught my eye. I found it for $175 w/ a $100 rebate, and I was wondering if this is a pretty high quality soundcard or just so-so. Anyone have any impressions of it? Is there any better card I can get for that price?

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't want a card primarily for gaming. I would like to use it mostly to listen to music, and play some games, but more so for music. Can anyone link me to a good buy? Preferably something with an I/O drive, since that was one of my main focuses for liking the Audigy.

Nov 10, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 5
There are many many options for you. I did some (not much) research and found the M-Audio Revolution cards (5.1 for around $55, 7.1 for around $90). Musically they're the equal of much higher priced Audigy cards, and I believe a review I read said the Revo 7.1 sounded better than the Audigy2. Creative cards can cause conflicts with hyperthreading (used by newer processors) and dual processor systems. M-Audio makes music-oriented cards, and will not be up to par for newer games. But who cares? Anyway, the Revo is one solution if you're just looking for a simple card with digital out. For digital I/O, maybe take a look at the Audiophile 2496. I don't know much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back