audigy2 ZS + KXProject drivers + foobar2000 = sweetness
Sep 26, 2004 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

GamingNut

New Head-Fier
I have to say that my sound quality for music has improved significantly after installing the kxproject drivers and doing playback through foobar 2000.. I've switched back and forth twice (back to creative drivers) to see if i'm suffering placebo effect, and this is the real deal. It's like a different sound card.

My Senn 580 + META42 amp running through my audigy 2 now sounds like a different set of cans.. I'm impressed. Thanks for everyone's great advice in this forum for recommending the drivers and the 'how to setup' in foobar2000.

Thanks

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 11
congrats on your upgraded setup. Now you have to save up for an E-MU card...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingNut
I have to say that my sound quality for music has improved significantly after installing the kxproject drivers and doing playback through foobar 2000.. I've switched back and forth twice (back to creative drivers) to see if i'm suffering placebo effect, and this is the real deal. It's like a different sound card.

My Senn 580 + META42 amp running through my audigy 2 now sounds like a different set of cans.. I'm impressed. Thanks for everyone's great advice in this forum for recommending the drivers and the 'how to setup' in foobar2000.

Thanks

I agree, those drivers made a night and day difference in the quality of sound that emerged from my Audigy 2, but the best thing I did was yank that card completely and get a 1212m
lambda.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingNut
Is the difference that large between the 1212m and the audigy 2?

I'd hate to rip my audigy 2 out especially given i spent some good money on it
frown.gif

As far as "That Lage", only you can say, but I think it is. The DAC on the 1212m is awesome, but if you're not using your computer for audiophile type listening sessions then I think the Audigy is just fine for you. Don't worry, I think it will work for you just fine.

Sep 26, 2004 at 10:42 AM Post #6 of 11
I didn't like the Kx drivers with my audigy 1. They made a big difference but sounded artificial compared to what I'd consider a neutral sound from the creative drivers. I gave them a couple of weeks before switching back and didn't miss them one bit
smily_headphones1.gif

I've since bought the 0404 and the difference is huge, even on my HD25-SP and through a normal integrated amp. Much more detail coupled with deeper, yet tighter bass.

Sep 27, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #7 of 11
wow, I just installed those kxproject drivers for my audigy2 zs and I do notice a difference. great find, wouldn't have known about these without this thread. I'm still wondering though if my a900 needs something better source-wise, or amp-wise to get better.

Sep 27, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #8 of 11
Audigy is a gaming card and I see no point in using it with those Kx drivers.They strip the card of its gaming features.If you're not using audigy for games,question rises,why do you have it in the first place?Just get chaintech av710 for far less than audigy 2 costs.Or emu 0404 for a little more.

Sep 27, 2004 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 11
The reason I am doing this is that I can't justify spending money on a new card when i have a working card. I was a gamer long before i was a head-fi'er..

If I can get very good sound quality out of my audigy 2 with a new driver set, then thats great.

Sep 27, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Annihilator
wow, I just installed those kxproject drivers for my audigy2 zs and I do notice a difference. great find, wouldn't have known about these without this thread. I'm still wondering though if my a900 needs something better source-wise, or amp-wise to get better.

The A900 would probably benefit a lot from a better source, but mainly for music. Head-Fi member Commando reports A900's do see a nice improvement with a PPA ($400 base-price DIY solid state amp) but not very much with his PIMETA ($100 base-price DIY solid state amp).

Sep 27, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bumf
I didn't like the Kx drivers with my audigy 1. They made a big difference but sounded artificial compared to what I'd consider a neutral sound from the creative drivers. I gave them a couple of weeks before switching back and didn't miss them one bit
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree
biggrin.gif
Except I didn't give them a couple of weeks, more like 3 songs and a Quake III session. Not quite my style of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back