Audigy 2ZS and an External DAC.
Apr 15, 2005 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mith

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about upgrading my source. I currently have a Hercules GameTheater XP. Unfortunately there seems to be a good deal of interference from the DVD-ROM drive. I was thinking I could get an Audigy 2ZS for gaming purposes and then run the optical to a DAC avoiding the crap on the Audigy and bypassing that resample problem. Would this be feasible?

Apr 16, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 5
It still resamples before it sends it to the digital out, I am running my A2 to my EMU 0404 Digital In and if I set the sample rate to match the input it is 48 khz

Apr 16, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
I was thinking I could get an Audigy 2ZS for gaming purposes and then run the optical to a DAC avoiding the crap on the Audigy and bypassing that resample problem. Would this be feasible?

It would still resample. But a dac would anyway seriously improve on the sound.

Apr 16, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 5
using an Audigy 2ZS and an Emu1212M.

the dacs of the EMU make a great differnce in sound. much better. make sure you set the sample rate to an external source, otherwise you'll have clipping.

Apr 18, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mith
I am thinking about upgrading my source. I currently have a Hercules GameTheater XP. Unfortunately there seems to be a good deal of interference from the DVD-ROM drive. I was thinking I could get an Audigy 2ZS for gaming purposes and then run the optical to a DAC avoiding the crap on the Audigy and bypassing that resample problem. Would this be feasible?

IIRC there is no optical out on the basic Audigy 2ZS. But you could use the SPDIF digital out. You only need an appropriate cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back