Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Drivers in Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

haejuk

100+ Head-Fier
I have just dug up my old Audigy 2 ZS Platinum sound card to replace the on board sound on a desktop I built last year.  The problem is that it doesn't sound like it used to.  When I listen to music, any amount of bass will cause the mids and highs to fade out while the bass is happening.  The sound also gets super distorted if I turn the bass up even 5% over its default setting.  It isn't a problem with my headphones, as they sound fine from other sources.  I am 90% sure that it is a problem with the Windows 7 drivers that creative cobbled together for this card (it is like 7 years old and sounded good on Windows XP). 

Has anyone run into this?  Does anyone have a solution for this?  Or did I even explain it well?

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 4
I just tried installing the PAX drivers.  I had no idea that they also had drivers for Audigy cards.  This made my card sound better and got rid of the terrible distortion from adjusting bass settings, but I still get the highs and mids getting auto-balanced or something when there is a bass presence in music. 

Does anyone have any idea if there is some setting or something that does this?  It is driving me crazy.  I might be looking at a new sound card this holiday season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back