Audigy 2 ZS Opamp replacement?
Apr 2, 2006 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

diredesire

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I've been searching about for a little while now, but haven't found any GOOD documentation on opamps/replacements for the Audigy 2 ZS... If anyone can shine some light on this, i'd be happy to learn more!
smily_headphones1.gif

I know MisterX does opamp replacement(s) sometimes... Anyone else know of whom/where i could find more info?

I'm just curious in which opamps to replace and with what opamps are typically recommended...

I'm considering the AD8620

Apr 3, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire
Hi everyone, I've been searching about for a little while now, but haven't found any GOOD documentation on opamps/replacements for the Audigy 2 ZS... If anyone can shine some light on this, i'd be happy to learn more!
smily_headphones1.gif

I know MisterX does opamp replacement(s) sometimes... Anyone else know of whom/where i could find more info?

I'm just curious in which opamps to replace and with what opamps are typically recommended...

I'm considering the AD8620

the AD8620, AD8066, OPA2132, OPA2134, OPA2227 and other Opamps that could work under +/- 6V could be used. i have no idea of the power supply given out by the card to the opamps, but should be around 12V.

but if you ask my opinion, i'd really say 'don't bother'. difference (if there is any) is minimal. why waste money on an Opamp swap (looking for improvement) when an upgrade to a mere Chaintech AV-710 should be even more worthwhile.
there's a thread before this about a forumer's experience swapping the opamp in an Audigy. a very new thread. it's in here, somewhere. suggest you read that before going with your plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back