audigy 2 zs capacitor mod (with pic)
May 1, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ashy79

New Head-Fier
hi... can anyone please help to verify and complete the labels? thanks in advance
Audigy2_ZS-1.jpg

May 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 6
A general rule replacing the 100uF up capacitors with Panasonic FC or better with FM should improve sound quality and reduce bugs of the card. I upgraded them to 100 - 220uF Panasonic FM. I have 3 x Audigy 2 cards (240 - very slightly different - I have a 100uF around bottom left that I replaced but no big one at op-amp), the best one is the one I've modded as mentioned everyone who hears them whenever I demonstrate agree's and asks for the modded one given the choices. I also replaced the 2 x 1uF capacitors with 2.2uF Panasonic ECA 105oC 100V with no ill effect. I saw no gain replacing the 47uF caps top centre so far infact RM5.5 reported distortion increase probably fromo my over soldering the card. For all is known the capacitors that are on the card by default only serve to degrade the sound quality or cause bugs, replacing with exact value of a better brand such as Panasonic ECA audio (1p each but 100% better than default) or better. Sure your question hasn't been answered, I'm still searching for the golden goose of answers too, I hope someone can help you with it specifically.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/au...t-tips-308791/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back