Audigy 2 Platinum to Receiver
Aug 30, 2004 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

juni0r

100+ Head-Fier
Given a short amount of time and the lack of resources to purchase a better source at the moment, I will soon be needing a method of hooking my computer to my receiver. The receiver only accepts L-R RCA, no digital/optical/etc. by nature of it being extremely old. Should I use the SPDIF RCA out on the front Platinum deck and use a single-to-dual RCA y-cable, or use the 1/8" main speaker out on the PCI card and use a 1/8" stereo to dual RCA y-cable?

Aug 31, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 8
It depends on the quality of the dacs in the receiver or soundcard. If you use Spdif, the receiver's dacs are used and if you use analog, the soundcard's dacs are used. The A2 Plat's dacs are probably better than ones you would find in a cheap receiver.

Didn't you say your receiver doesn't have digital inputs?
confused.gif
If so, you cannot use the front spdif jack on the Plat. You can't use a digital output with an analog input and vice versa. It has to be digital to digital or analog to analog. There's only one option for hookup with that particular receiver. (with the above cable via analog)
cool.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 8
The receiver is a JVC RX-709V. It's about 10-15 years old. I think saying it isn't digital was an error on my part, I meant just optical. Or who knows. Well, I think I'll manage with using that connection
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back