Audigy 2 NX - Help
Mar 12, 2006 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JDUBS

100+ Head-Fier
Guys

Question for you Audigy 2 NX users. I'm using Foobar with the SRC upsampler (24-bit fixed point, 96khz). I want the Audigy to output this.

I the Audigy "Device Control"...I have the "PCI / USB" tab set to 96 khz and 24 bits. I have the "SPDIF" tab set for 96 khz under the "SPDIF Output Sampling Rate". I have the "Decoder" tab set for "SPDIF Passthrough".

I just worry that the Audigy is reampling the 96 khz signal it is getting from Foobar.....and I would like to avoid this if possible.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!!!!

-Jim

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT
No, it shouldn't.
I checked it with udial.ape. No sirens with software (foobar) upsampling.

Andrew...thank you very much for testing it!

I just tried udial.ape myself and got different sounds out of the speakers depending on whether the SRC upsampler was engaged or not and / or if the SPDIF output of the Audigy is set to 96 khz or 44.1 khz.

Does this make sense? Not sure what I should be listenning for.

Thanks again!

-Jim

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 7
Hardware upsampling in Audigy is not very good, so you'll hear "sirens" when playing udial. With software upsampling it comes to the card already in proper format, therefore no resampling takes place on hardware level and no "sirens" sounds (resampling error indication)

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT
Hardware upsampling in Audigy is not very good, so you'll hear "sirens" when playing udial. With software upsampling it comes to the card already in proper format, therefore no resampling takes place on hardware level and no "sirens" sounds (resampling error indication)

Andrew, do you by chance have a file with what udial.ape should sound like? I just want to make sure what I'm hearing is OK.

Thanks...again!

-Jim

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Link doesn't appear to be working
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back