Audigy 2 digital out... coaxial or mini toslink?
Jun 28, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 16
As far as I am aware, it is actually a coaxial output, so you need a coaxial to 1/8 inch adapter to get it to work.

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 16
DAC = Digitial -> Analogue Converter

So no, the digital out does not go through the DAC
rolleyes.gif

The signal being digital has nothing to do with cinch or mini.

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
is there an advantage of digital out over optical out... or the other way around?

If you mean, is there any difference between coaxial vs. optical out, I don't think there is a huge difference, except issues of compatibility - I think more devices support the optical toslink connection. The digital out on the audigy is definitely separate from the analog outputs. What you need to do is put that signal into an external digital--->analog converter (DAC) and you should get a better sound. The only problem is that the audigy card upsamples 44.1kHz (the sampling rate most music is recorded at) to 48kHz, thus degrading the signal. The digital output is therefore not "bit-perfect".

Hope this helps!

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #10 of 16
The digital out on the A2 is coaxial 1/8" mini.

I am runniing it to the Digital In on the EMU 0404, using a 6" double male mini, then a female mini to male RCA adapter, works like a charm
smily_headphones1.gif

I also check the Digital Output only box on the Audigy control panel, not sure if this makes any difference or not.

Jun 28, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #11 of 16
is the AV-710 optical out bit perfect?

I am trying to set up a decent dedicated PC rig for my office and will be using a CIAudio VDA/VAC (DAC) > SinglePower PPX3 .... I just want to get the signal from my computer to the DAC with little to no interfearance or coloration from the sound card or anything else.

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
is the AV-710 optical out bit perfect?

yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back