Audigy 2 compatiblity
Feb 28, 2011 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Omaatjehenk

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-fiers,

Since I've got a new computer without a soundcard I would like to get a proper soundcard. I've been looking for the Audigy 2 soundcards. But I've got one problem, how do I know it's compatible with my Motherboard? The motherboard I"m using is the GA-790FXTA-UD5.

And if it's compatible, should I get the regular Audigy 2 or the Audigy 2 ZS. What are the differences between these?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 5
Well,  don´t know if you are looking for a new product,  but the Audigy 2 and ZS are out of stock.  Look for an Asus Xonar, or a Sound Blaster X-fi , or even an Ausentech.  There are PCI and PCI-e (new standard) models.  Check your MB  manual.

Feb 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, There are quite a few Audigy 2's for sale on 2nd hand sites. Since I don't want to spend to much money, the Audigy's seem pretty good quality for that price.

These Audigy 2´s must be PCI, as long as I know.  If you are using W7,  be sure the drivers work ok.

Feb 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 5
You can use this driver: http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-Audigy-Series-Support-Pack-3-8-04-19-2010/m-p/554398

This is better than the orginal driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back