Audiblebond DBV#3 Impressions
Jan 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Reevezy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently bought a pair of DBV#3 T20RP's from Audiblebond.com after much discussion with the guy that makes them and couldn't be happier with the result. He doesn't seem very well known but definitely deserves it so I thought I would finally create an account and post my impressions here.

His mods are based on Bluemonkeyflyer's DBV#3 mod, he offers two models a base model with Shure 840 pads and a Stax model with Stax pads. I bought the Stax model myself and do not regret it, the pads are extremely comfortable and provide great sound stage.

The sound they produce is very balanced, it sounded a tad warm to start with but as the Stax pads wore in over a couple of days it became more and more balanced, I assume the Shure pads don't have this problem but seeing as it only took a few days for them to break in the Stax pads were well worth it.

Overall they have a well-defined balanced sound, use a well known mod and the Stax pads are awesome; highly recommend them.

Check them out. www.Audiblebond.com

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Thankyou for making a Thread Reevezy, really glad you're enjoying the headphone. I feel the Shure 840 pads are more balanced, DBV#3 was tuned around those pads, however the Stax are more comfortable and offer a deeper soundstage, but they do a while to burn-in which reduces the distance between the driver and your ears.

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 3
I got a preowned one Stax model, ear pads are very fiddly, not sure how they were supposed to stay on.
Enhanced mid centric, not balanced, balanced would be the stock neutral flat response the t40RPs give. That is nuetral, balance and flat. 
Impressive foundation across midrange-peak resonance emphasis. 
Highs and lows requires just above ghetto $90< market amps to make the mod work and enjoyable.
Cool mod, these have transient exchange of quietly separable instruments with increment of comfort, cozy stuff.
Price? Haha, the flea market of the internet is very flexible, these do justice at their time line. 
Outdated. Would probably sell them for 90 USD in the future like all the other outdated mods. 
It is an improvement.

Got them for 200 a week ago....sigh.

Edit: I snugged some random headphone filters (GMP 8.000) under these pads and they sound better already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back