Audeze's Annual Holiday Sale!
Dec 13, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #91 of 98
Same here. Ordered lightning cipher with iSine10 but got 3.5mm.
Yikes. I’d be happy if they send me the cipher lightning cable just by itself.

Dec 13, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #92 of 98
As stated in the Sales page under Limitations, there is no guarantee for accessories. That means even if the sale item was an Isine that originally came with Lightning cable, the cable was not guaranteed. Since the lightning cable was discontinued ages ago, there was next to zero chance you'd get one.

Just have to put this out there (personal opinion): If a sale page has restriction/limitations, it really pays to read them. People can't be surprised when restriction says, "XX is not guaranteed", and then the XX isn't included. That, paired with the (I believe) common knowledge that the Lightning cable has been essentially extinct for a long time, there just was never a slim chance you'd get one.
I'm sorry, but that just makes ZERO sense to me and is laziness on Audeze's part to have the Cipher cable IN THE NAME clearly and then pretend that a disclaimer that the TITLE of the listing may be null and void. It would NOT have been hard to just rename the dang thing. :frowning2:

Anyway, not a personal complaint since I didn't buy that at all this year, I'm very happy with my LCD-GX that I scored for a sweet $599, but I just really think having the Cipher / Lightning in the title does NOT absolve them from delivering what it's CALLED clearly, disclaimers notwithstanding.

It's not hard to change the name, you know? :sweat_smile:

Dec 13, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #93 of 98
I'm still happy with my purchase even though its not with the lighting cipher. But I think what's confusing is the fact that if there was basically zero chance of getting one with a lightning cipher cable then it seems odd to include it as a separate link, especially since there was another link that stated that one came with the 1/8” stereo plug.

Dec 13, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #94 of 98
I'm sorry, but that just makes ZERO sense to me and is laziness on Audeze's part to have the Cipher cable IN THE NAME clearly and then pretend that a disclaimer that the TITLE of the listing may be null and void. It would NOT have been hard to just rename the dang thing. :frowning2:

Anyway, not a personal complaint since I didn't buy that at all this year, I'm very happy with my LCD-GX that I scored for a sweet $599, but I just really think having the Cipher / Lightning in the title does NOT absolve them from delivering what it's CALLED clearly, disclaimers notwithstanding.

It's not hard to change the name, you know? :sweat_smile:
They were named after the SKU-model. New, that model would've had the Lightning cable. However, this was a B-stock sale. While I'm not privy to naming conventions on products, I do know that the isine10 has I believe 5 different SKUs. It's not far off to think it's a logistics thing to make sure they know exactly which SKU was sold, instead of a blanket "Isine10 misc".

So while you may think it's no big deal, it probably is to ensure the correct product is taken from inventory, etc.

In any case, Limitations telling you no accessory is guaranteed, and lightning cables not being stocked in ages would have been a fairly obvious indicator that perhaps, PERHAPS you will likely not get said cable.

Just my two cents.

Lighting cable is discontinued. That means, don't expect one. Even on a used/B-stock model.

Dec 13, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #95 of 98
They were named after the SKU-model. New, that model would've had the Lightning cable. However, this was a B-stock sale. While I'm not privy to naming conventions on products, I do know that the isine10 has I believe 5 different SKUs. It's not far off to think it's a logistics thing to make sure they know exactly which SKU was sold, instead of a blanket "Isine10 misc".

So while you may think it's no big deal, it probably is to ensure the correct product is taken from inventory, etc.

In any case, Limitations telling you no accessory is guaranteed, and lightning cables not being stocked in ages would have been a fairly obvious indicator that perhaps, PERHAPS you will likely not get said cable.

Just my two cents.

Lighting cable is discontinued. That means, don't expect one. Even on a used/B-stock model.
Ehhhh yeah, not everyone knows that "Lightning cables not being stocked in ages" was a thing, though -- and I'm a very avid Head-Fi'er and I didn't know that. I'm sure some people did, no doubt, but it's not exactly so common that virtually everyone knew that.

And it's not hard to just change the titles in the database to something like "USED to come with Cipher" instead of "Cipher" or what have you, so you can STILL distinguish the different SKU's. The descriptions can change while the underlying core identifiers don't change -- I know absolutely this is true. :)

Dec 14, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #97 of 98
Pretty certain there was a disclaimer about said accessories on the landing page for the holiday sale.
Yes, that’s been noted multiple times. I remember seeing it as well. It’s just that common sense says that having multiple SKU’s with the accessory in the title itself sends a mixed signal and in my view made the disclaimer ambiguous at best, especially more so knowing that the reason stated here now by Audeze reps is that said accessory has long been discontinued, since it begs the question why the effort to put said disclaimer didn’t also trigger an obvious update to the titles themselves. 😂

Anyway, I’m afraid this horse is dead and there’s no point in belaboring the point. ☺️

Dec 14, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #98 of 98
Yes, that’s been noted multiple times. I remember seeing it as well. It’s just that common sense says that having multiple SKU’s with the accessory in the title itself sends a mixed signal and in my view made the disclaimer ambiguous at best, especially more so knowing that the reason stated here now by Audeze reps is that said accessory has long been discontinued, since it begs the question why the effort to put said disclaimer didn’t also trigger an obvious update to the titles themselves. 😂

Anyway, I’m afraid this horse is dead and there’s no point in belaboring the point. ☺️

I feel like such a sucker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back