Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the entire line (except Sine and EL8 Ti; these have updates as standard)
May 23, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #301 of 330
My fresh pair of LCD-X has arrived early last week.

They now come with new cable, though no more balanced XLR cable included, and a new and a smaller carrying case. The user manual comes as same as the iSine, a USB stick, and also a new plastic warrenty card with a serial number imprinted.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUH9A3NFXYL/

Nice! I like the new cable. The previous one would start falling apart after 2 years... I hope this one lasts longer.

Jun 10, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #303 of 330
I tried the LCD-2, LCD-3 and LCD-XC yesterday. Really loved the LCD-3, but wonder how the LCD-X ( open) sounds. Starting to save anyways. Did anyone hear them both? I really liked the LCD-XC, but imo it does not work that well as a closed headphone, as you feel too much as being in a tunnel or something.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #309 of 330
Lot of folks on this thread are saying they contacted Audeze for a repair. Is that when the headphone was bought from Audeze directly?

I got mine from a dealer and am wondering if i should contact Audeze directly for my repair/replacement ?

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #310 of 330
Lot of folks on this thread are saying they contacted Audeze for a repair. Is that when the headphone was bought from Audeze directly?

I got mine from a dealer and am wondering if i should contact Audeze directly for my repair/replacement ?
Audeze has an excellent customer service

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #311 of 330
Dealers usually cover the return shipping costs and if you're lucky might even tide you over with a pair of demo cans while you wait for the whole affair to be sorted out. But you would be at the mercy of their business process, which can introduce a delay in getting your cans back.

Otherwise, go direct to Audeze. Either way, your headphones get sent back to them anyway.

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #312 of 330

Some dealers can perform repairs themselves (certified by Audeze), and in that case there will be no shipping needed at all!
My local dealer replaced both drivers after one of them failed and I got them back 2 days later.
So I suggest you check with your dealer first.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #314 of 330
Dudes. I'm considering picking up the re-voiced LCDX, but I heard it's muddy compared to the prior version. Is there any truth to that?
Short: yes thats true.

Complete story:
After testing my He400i vs hd800 , lcd2 and lcdx (both fazor but pre 2016 revoice) in a local store, i fell in love with the bass and impact of the lcdx.
The lcdx had noticeably more bass than the lcd2 and sounded overall more energetic.

After arriving at home i realised i couldnt spent this much money for a headphone so i tried my luck on the used market.
And there it was: an lcdx with new 2016 drivers. My initial thought was "great, so i dont have to worry that they are out of warranty, and maaaaaaaaybe they will sound even better!".
But after they arrived at my doorsteps and some initial critical listening was done, it was obvious that they didnt sound as refined and energetic as the lcdx´s i tried at the store, but rather sounded muddy while lacking the bass impact that i loved so much about these headphones.

The difference was actually that drastic, that i immediately knew it wasnt just my brain/expectations fcking with me.

Trying to prove this i ordered a pair of 2017 lcd2 for a good price.
After testing them i was pretty shocked. They sounded so airy, clear and natural , that i couldnt believe what i just heard.
While i now dont have the chance to compare the 2017lcd2 against the lcd 2 which i head at the local shop, what i can definately say is:
Revoiced lcd2 sounds better than the revoiced lcdx in about every way. The only thing the lcdx has going for it, is the bass which is a bit stronger (but not nearly as refined).
Besides that, it sounds muddy, narrow and unrealistic in tonality compared to the lcd2.

All in all i feel pretty disappointed because i loved the lcdx (pre revoiced) at the store, while the newer lcdx which i own ironically gets smashed by the 2017 lcd2.
And i feel like the main reason is the new lcdx sounding alot worse now, rather than the new lcd2 being that much better than before.

Keep in mind i really wanted to keep the lcd x and still choose the lcd 2.
Time to sell the lcdx i guess.

Maybe i could help some of you guys with my impressions.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #315 of 330
Short: yes thats true.

Complete story:
After testing my He400i vs hd800 , lcd2 and lcdx (both fazor but pre 2016 revoice) in a local store, i fell in love with the bass and impact of the lcdx.
The lcdx had noticeably more bass than the lcd2 and sounded overall more energetic.

After arriving at home i realised i couldnt spent this much money for a headphone so i tried my luck on the used market.
And there it was: an lcdx with new 2016 drivers. My initial thought was "great, so i dont have to worry that they are out of warranty, and maaaaaaaaybe they will sound even better!".
But after they arrived at my doorsteps and some initial critical listening was done, it was obvious that they didnt sound as refined and energetic as the lcdx´s i tried at the store, but rather sounded muddy while lacking the bass impact that i loved so much about these headphones.

The difference was actually that drastic, that i immediately knew it wasnt just my brain/expectations fcking with me.

Trying to prove this i ordered a pair of 2017 lcd2 for a good price.
After testing them i was pretty shocked. They sounded so airy, clear and natural , that i couldnt believe what i just heard.
While i now dont have the chance to compare the 2017lcd2 against the lcd 2 which i head at the local shop, what i can definately say is:
Revoiced lcd2 sounds better than the revoiced lcdx in about every way. The only thing the lcdx has going for it, is the bass which is a bit stronger (but not nearly as refined).
Besides that, it sounds muddy, narrow and unrealistic in tonality compared to the lcd2.

All in all i feel pretty disappointed because i loved the lcdx (pre revoiced) at the store, while the newer lcdx which i own ironically gets smashed by the 2017 lcd2.
And i feel like the main reason is the new lcdx sounding alot worse now, rather than the new lcd2 being that much better than before.

Keep in mind i really wanted to keep the lcd x and still choose the lcd 2.
Time to sell the lcdx i guess.

Maybe i could help some of you guys with my impressions.
You might want to consider a pair of LCD 3. I have owned a pair of pair of LCD 2 late 2016 and own a pair of 2017 LCD 3. LCD 3 is a upgrade in every way to the LCD 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back