Audeze's 2016 revamp, re-voiced and re-engineered headphones, the entire line (except Sine and EL8 Ti; these have updates as standard)
Apr 15, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #94 of 330
I updated the other thread with info related to this thread, as the graphs were posted there originally:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/10980#post_12507726

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #95 of 330
On my authenticity certificate of my 16th March 2016 LCD 2, it's still handwritten by them calling them just LCD 2.

True, but they have a knowledge base entry on it here.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #96 of 330
  I'm curious, who gave the LCD-2 the revision numbers up until fazor?  Was that Audeze themselves or the community?

True, but they have a knowledge base entry on it here.

And then the community has come up with some, slightly, varied nomenclature.

For example, the pre-fazor LCD-2 rev 2 is often referred to as LCD-2.2c (the "c" being for "classic" ... meaning pre-fazor).

No idea what we're calling the LCD-4 for the two versions that exist currently though.  Not seen any consensus there.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #97 of 330
I came to see how much this thread has digressed, but it looks like we're still keeping things civil. Way to go head-fi'ers!

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #98 of 330
Just thought to chime in...

We are a happy group of passionate music lovers.

So, though this thread is about the changes of Audeze cans to 2016 series, let's also talk about the quality of the new series (for those who can), and celebrate in how our niche culture is becoming far, far more exposed publicly because of companies like Audeze, yeah?

I'm going to post this here for all of ya too oogle at too (posted on Twitter and FB earlier today):

An enjoyable evening reading the first book in George R.R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones' and lots of music.

Here I was immensely enjoying Pink Floyd's 'Wish You were Here' SACD ripped into stereo DSD 64 (1 bit/2.8 Mhz); possibly my favourite SACD and incredibly well engineered.

Source:
Onkyo DP-X1 digital audio player set to High Gain, balanced ACG mode.

Headphones:
Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones, with Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable made by Peter.

^^

The Prodigy, self explanatory really :wink:

Yes, in summary, this was amazeballs.

Today I heard two of my best music, the SACD to DSD Pink Floyd album above, and a cool MQA album made by Pål Bratelund wife (he's the Strategic Partnership Manager at TIDAL. Link to this album is on FB, if you can find his post; gl :p).
I'll be honest, though my genres of music is not classical (or jazz), the utterly beautiful MQA album above is so good that it made my DSD, high res, Redbook CD music sound grainy and pants...needed a break to readjust my ear palate...

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #100 of 330
And then the community has come up with some, slightly, varied nomenclature.

For example, the pre-fazor LCD-2 rev 2 is often referred to as LCD-2.2c (the "c" being for "classic" ... meaning pre-fazor).

No idea what we're calling the LCD-4 for the two versions that exist currently though.  Not seen any consensus there.

Audeze change serial number for major revisions. For small change there are no easy to tell indication.

The LCD3 that first come out had serial number starting with 231 the next LCD3 revision got serial number starting with 261 then 271 and now 282. Names like LCD 3F (fazored) and LCD 3C (classic for non fazored) had been made up on Head-fi of members to easier tell which of those version one have. Other less flattering names are the veil one (231), the shrill one (271). 

I don’t know what Audeze is calling the two versions of LCD-4 or if they have different serial numbers. It looks like we on Head-fi have start calling them LCD4 100 Ohm and LCD4 200 Ohms. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #101 of 330
I think all of us like what Audeze is doing, their headphones, their constant effort to make their headphones better. 

But, I don't think they realize that some customers might be offended by not getting the latest headphone revision when actually buying one brand new at full price. In addition to the confusion on forums like this caused by the confusion (but at least it gives us something to talk about ,).. 

Just checked the Audeze webiste, and all I could find out about revisions was this old post: https://audeze.zendesk.com/entries/20544392-How-to-check-Audeze-LCD-2-rev-1-or-rev-2, and that is from 2011...

It's not as difficult as it might seem to keep customers informed, I think - just for Audeze to make a post on their website, something like: "We made a revision, to the XXX-headphone, counting from serial number XXX", and some comment on the purpose and effect on sound and construction by the revision. Then they put a sticker on the box before shipping it - then everybody is happy, right? 

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #103 of 330
I can only suspect Audeze to change revision without telling the market for 2 reasons:
1. Let dealers allow to sell old version without having to drop the price (remember its not a normal consumer product, its a enthusiast product with high pricerange)
2. Not confirming to anyone specific why or how they changed revision, tells me that they choose to deal with each individual complaint through their support.

I am writing my report and will publish it monday sometime (busy weekend), with my experience with Audeze support and the person that contacted me and its not pretty. To be honest Im a little shocked. It seems Im stuck with purchasing an old version 3-4 months after the revision. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #104 of 330
I think all of us like what Audeze is doing, their headphones, their constant effort to make their headphones better. 

But, I don't think they realize that some customers might be offended by not getting the latest headphone revision when actually buying one brand new at full price. In addition to the confusion on forums like this caused by the confusion (but at least it gives us something to talk about ,).. 

Just checked the Audeze webiste, and all I could find out about revisions was this old post: https://audeze.zendesk.com/entries/20544392-How-to-check-Audeze-LCD-2-rev-1-or-rev-2, and that is from 2011...

It's not as difficult as it might seem to keep customers informed, I think - just for Audeze to make a post on their website, something like: "We made a revision, to the XXX-headphone, counting from serial number XXX", and some comment on the purpose and effect on sound and construction by the revision. Then they put a sticker on the box before shipping it - then everybody is happy, right? 

Coming from an HD800, I don't see how any Audeze headphone could be characterized as "shrill."

Apr 16, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #105 of 330
Coming from an HD800, I don't see how any Audeze headphone could be characterized as "shrill."

I'm listening to one now. A demo LCD 3F from my dealer that had its drivers replaced last month. Sibilance in every pronounciation of an s and breathy voices - plus elevated upper mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back