Audeze Sine
Apr 4, 2017 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

darkainu

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Headfi'ers.

I have a questions regarding this on-ear, it may sound like apples and oranges but I'm not actually trying make a comparison here.

I have used and enjoyed Noble Savant and Erp4-XR. I mostly listen to Post-rock, Experimental metal, and Progressive metal.

Lately I have been checking Audeze Sine as I am curious about the planar technology and this one seems to be the most budget friendly and portable headphone, as far as I could see.

I read some reviews but I'm still not sure about the sound signature of this on-ear. And I don't have a chance to try it myself.

For those who had the chance to experience the IEMs i used and the Audeze Sine, do you think that this headphone would suit my taste?

Thanks for reading and your replies in advance.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi darkainu,

Hard to say what you're after as you're comparing as your IEMS with full size headphones which are planar.

Not sure how much you read up on planar technology but basically the difference between a dynamic driver (which are most headphones) compared to a planar driver are less vibrational movement necessary to transfer sound to your ear from the headphone.

In terms of more budget friendly & better sound for a planar magnetic headphone would be the Oppo PM 3, especially with the balanced cable option. The difference between the stock & balanced cable is how wide or broad the sound signature is but then this can be subjective.

I would recommend a demo for the PM 3 if it is possible.

Hope this helps

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 3
I just bought a pair from Razordog Audio. The owner is super cool. He will give you a refund if you are not satisfied, and he has some demo models available at times for great prices. I bought the Sine & EL-8 Titanium. I returned the EL-8 as I preferred the Sine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back