Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #4,082 of 4,477
Pay attention to the upper headband...

Yes, I read reports about the headband coming off. However, it's not too different than if they were on my head, so if it comes off, it would've came off anyway.

I still like the sound with these pads a lot more. So Audeze, I would suggest having a lighter version of this, with deeper pads so the ears won't touch the inside of the headphones, and have the driver a bit further away from the ear, either by deeper pads, or by design.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #4,083 of 4,477
Yes, I read reports about the headband coming off. However, it's not too different than if they were on my head, so if it comes off, it would've come off anyway.

I still like the sound with these pads a lot more. So Audeze, I would suggest having a lighter version of this, with deeper pads so the ears won't touch the inside of the headphones, and have the driver a bit further away from the ear, either by deeper pads, or by design.
Preferably with real leather (or even microsuede--anything but pleather please)

Oct 5, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #4,084 of 4,477
I read before of a pop that can occur in one of the cups - most probably from the planar driver.

I was watching an episode of a series. The episode was ending (credits), so I started the next. I do this in MPC-HC by dragging the next episode video file onto the MPC-HC window. So I drag this next episode, drop it over the window, and it did two pops, one when the current episode audio was shut off as it was loading the next, and the next pop was when the audio of the next episode started playing.

I am using the headphones with the USB dongle, and pops like this never happened before with other headphones. By the behavior of popping when the audio stopped and then started again, I would strongly think that it's a software issue, related to the dongle and/or the headphones themselves.

I tried changing the episodes again using the same method, but further pops did not occur.

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #4,086 of 4,477
There are a lot of pages on this thread. I apologize if my question has already been answered in them. I just received the Maxwell Ultraviolet Edition for XBox/PC.

I love how they look! Still figuring out how much I love how they sound. First off, I seem to have some electrical interference when they are not in use. It sounds like a slight crackling noise. Is that common? I wonder if it was related to not having the mic plugged in, but wasn't able to confirm it. The crackling isn't always there. I'll have to use them a while to figure out any pattern. But it took me a bit aback since they were a brand new purchase.

On another note, I was wondering if it's possible to buy the PS/PC dongle for these. It would be great if I could use 1 headset for all consoles and PC. It's a nice to have, so no biggie if it's not possible. I can always plug them into the PS5 controller, which is why I went with the XBox/PC version in the first place.

Thanks for any insights!

Oct 9, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,087 of 4,477
There are a lot of pages on this thread. I apologize if my question has already been answered in them. I just received the Maxwell Ultraviolet Edition for XBox/PC.

I love how they look! Still figuring out how much I love how they sound. First off, I seem to have some electrical interference when they are not in use. It sounds like a slight crackling noise. Is that common? I wonder if it was related to not having the mic plugged in, but wasn't able to confirm it. The crackling isn't always there. I'll have to use them a while to figure out any pattern. But it took me a bit aback since they were a brand new purchase.

On another note, I was wondering if it's possible to buy the PS/PC dongle for these. It would be great if I could use 1 headset for all consoles and PC. It's a nice to have, so no biggie if it's not possible. I can always plug them into the PS5 controller, which is why I went with the XBox/PC version in the first place.

Thanks for any insights!

Try to turn off sidetone and see if that is causing the issue

Oct 9, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #4,088 of 4,477

Thanks for any insights!
Just set the dongle to PC and use it on the PS5(USB A Port) console with the included USB A to C-cable adapter. :)

Oct 9, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #4,091 of 4,477
So latest firmware messed up my headset, dongle wouldn't connect, both are updated. No issues before update. Support sent me a new dongle pretty quickly, thanks. Didn't work either. Now they want me to send back and pay for shipping. I think they should pay that beingg the firmware did it. I'm in IT, so I know it was done correctly

Oct 9, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #4,092 of 4,477
So latest firmware messed up my headset, dongle wouldn't connect, both are updated. No issues before update. Support sent me a new dongle pretty quickly, thanks. Didn't work either. Now they want me to send back and pay for shipping. I think they should pay that beingg the firmware did it. I'm in IT, so I know it was done correctly
I'm sure they would have suggested this, but did you download and reinstall the Audeze software?

Mine did the same thing after update but I reinstalled the software and it paired the dongle during setup

Oct 10, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #4,094 of 4,477
These headphones have a pairing mode for the dongle too.

For Bluetooth, you just press the power button twice, quickly, and for the USB dongle you press the power button thrice.

So try pressing the power button three times (it should say Pairing), then while the dongle is inserted just press the reset button on the dongle once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back