Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Oct 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #4,066 of 4,477
yeah I didn't have to either, it just worked.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #4,068 of 4,477
Hi guys,

I recently purchased this headset and updated the firmware. My headset is connecting OK and I can hear from it and use the microphone without issue. However, I am unable to access the mix amp and I am unable to see the auto shutdown option in the app. The first day I had it, these options were there, but it seems that no matter how many times I re-pair my headset, power cycle the headset, restart the software, etc., I am unable to get these options back. Sometimes they flash on the screen for 1 second right as it re-pairs, but they promptly disappear. I'm also unable to see things like battery life. Is there any known way to restore the "full" connection between the headset and the Audeze software? Thank you very much. Love the headset hardware but so far the software has been very painful.

1696345483423.png

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #4,069 of 4,477
Hi guys,

I recently purchased this headset and updated the firmware. My headset is connecting OK and I can hear from it and use the microphone without issue. However, I am unable to access the mix amp and I am unable to see the auto shutdown option in the app. The first day I had it, these options were there, but it seems that no matter how many times I re-pair my headset, power cycle the headset, restart the software, etc., I am unable to get these options back. Sometimes they flash on the screen for 1 second right as it re-pairs, but they promptly disappear. I'm also unable to see things like battery life. Is there any known way to restore the "full" connection between the headset and the Audeze software? Thank you very much. Love the headset hardware but so far the software has been very painful.

1696345483423.png
What version of the desktop app are you on? The latest is 3.1.80 I think.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #4,071 of 4,477
I actually also uninstalled/reinstalled the software earlier today in case that helped, but I'm having the same issue. Version is 3.1.81
1696346047117.png
I would try the dongle/headset repairing process documented in this thread. Not sure why Audeze said you would need to do this but I didn't. Maybe that would fix your issue. In the previous photo I didn't see that your headset was connected at all. If your headset is on and connected to the dongle it will show the dongle FW version and the headset FW version. Curious.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #4,072 of 4,477
I would try the dongle/headset repairing process documented in this thread. Not sure why Audeze said you would need to do this but I didn't. Maybe that would fix your issue. In the previous photo I didn't see that your headset was connected at all. If your headset is on and connected to the dongle it will show the dongle FW version and the headset FW version. Curious.
I will look that up, thanks. I assume it's something more than just the few-seconds-long process of re-pairing the device via the software?

The "connected" icon is there on the right side and the headset plays audio successfully, so it must be paired. If on the "Settings" menu option, the dongle firmware is displayed, but ever since the very first time I used the headset, the headset firmware is not displayed (nor is the auto shutoff option).

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #4,075 of 4,477
Update: as soon as I turned it off to have lunch, and then on again when I returned, now the headset won't even pair with the dongle. In the pairing process, I hear "pairing" in the headset but it can now never seem to connect to the blinking dongle.

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #4,076 of 4,477
Hmm. If you have done a factory reset on the dongle and headset I would open a ticket with Audeze support.
Update: as soon as I turned it off to have lunch, and then on again when I returned, now the headset won't even pair with the dongle. In the pairing process, I hear "pairing" in the headset but it can now never seem to connect to the blinking dongle.
Hmm. If you have done a factory reset on the dongle and headset and it's still borked I would open a ticket with Audeze support.

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #4,077 of 4,477
With the Wicked Cushions replacement pads the sound seems a bit more distant, but because of that the headphones don't seem as "shouty" anymore in your ears. That was bothering me after a while of listening. The bass is a bit reduced when using the Bass Boost EQ, though for me it's a good thing. I wanted the bass to be a little more present/felt than with the Audeze EQ, but then the Bass Boost EQ was a bit too much. Now it's really fine, and the bass sounds cleaner.

The pads are deeper than the stock ones, so my ear is not touching the inside of the headphones anymore. Regarding the cooling part, it's nice to put the headphones on my head and slowly starting to feel the coolness of the pads. I wonder how long it lasts, we'll see.

My conclusion is that I recommend these pads.

Otherwise, I don't really like the clamp force of these headphones. Maybe this force is also felt more because of their weight. I could deal with the weight on the top of my head, but I don't like it in the ears area.

Oct 4, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #4,078 of 4,477
What the hahahaha, i thought the treble on them are decent to start with, so you are a treble head:L3000::heart:?
Bass & treble. I find it really Immersive during gaming and brings any music I've listened to to life. These headphones handle volume really well and with these EQ's it raises the upper limit so I never have to crank it too high to hear what I'm looking for.

With the Wicked Cushions replacement pads the sound seems a bit more distant, but because of that the headphones don't seem as "shouty" anymore in your ears. That was bothering me after a while of listening. The bass is a bit reduced when using the Bass Boost EQ, though for me it's a good thing. I wanted the bass to be a little more present/felt than with the Audeze EQ, but then the Bass Boost EQ was a bit too much. Now it's really fine, and the bass sounds cleaner.

The pads are deeper than the stock ones, so my ear is not touching the inside of the headphones anymore. Regarding the cooling part, it's nice to put the headphones on my head and slowly starting to feel the coolness of the pads. I wonder how long it lasts, we'll see.

My conclusion is that I recommend these pads.

Otherwise, I don't really like the clamp force of these headphones. Maybe this force is also felt more because of their weight. I could deal with the weight on the top of my head, but I don't like it in the ears area.
Due to the thicker and more dense wicked cushion pads they cause the headphones to sit further from your head, stretching the spring further apart, increasing clamping force.
My advice after several long use cases is to position the headphones and the pads further back around your ears, away from your temples. This prevents eventual headaches for me.

Oct 4, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #4,079 of 4,477
Bass & treble. I find it really Immersive during gaming and brings any music I've listened to to life. These headphones handle volume really well and with these EQ's it raises the upper limit so I never have to crank it too high to hear what I'm looking for.

Due to the thicker and more dense wicked cushion pads they cause the headphones to sit further from your head, stretching the spring further apart, increasing clamping force.
My advice after several long use cases is to position the headphones and the pads further back around your ears, away from your temples. This prevents eventual headaches for me.
My experience matches with the Wicked pads. There is a bit of impact on the sound signature, but since many are using EQ that can be adjusted. The comfort has pros and cons - the cooler feel is a pro, but the pads warm up and to me the difference after a while averages out, I really appreciate my ears no longer touching the headphones, but the thicker pads make the clamping force greater which, if you have a bigger head, can be less comfortable. But to me, a big win, overall.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #4,080 of 4,477

Leaving them like this for several hours helps with the clamping force around the ears. I left them like this while I was at work.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-05 at 16.57.37.jpeg

They are distanced just a bit more than they are when they're on my head.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back