Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Aug 6, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #3,766 of 4,477
I also get the WC headband, eh.... I am not sure if I like it. It's very stuff material, I don't feel it's as comfyh as the OG one
I feel the same, it's well made but the material is too stiff and less comfortable than the original.
I have tried to stretch it and use it for a few days but it does not give in, there is too much pressure on the head.

Aug 6, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #3,767 of 4,477
Any one here tried ZMF Crescent Strap/Snap? After changing to WC's pads, which is more ventatlated. I think the strap are something really hold me back to use on this heavy headphones now
I've taken the strap off completely and use the ZMF Pilot Pad. It did the trick for me. Much more comfortable to wear for an extended period of time.

Aug 6, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #3,768 of 4,477
I also get the WC headband, eh.... I am not sure if I like it. It's very stuff material, I don't feel it's as comfyh as the OG one

I feel the same, it's well made but the material is too stiff and less comfortable than the original.
I have tried to stretch it and use it for a few days but it does not give in, there is too much pressure on the head.

Yea, I have the same conclusion. Its too stiff and it hurts my head.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #3,771 of 4,477
Early impressions but the I think these beat the PX8 and Bathys on sound...The PX8 sounds more natural, especially in the vocal region, and has better timbre, but these have insane detail, seperation and staging for a closed back BT headphone. The fact they compete in sound with 600-700 dollar options is very impressive.

It's a shame they're way too big for use outdoors or these would be by far the best BT headphone imo. I legitimately think they're better than Focal Bathys.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,772 of 4,477
I've taken the strap off completely and use the ZMF Pilot Pad. It did the trick for me. Much more comfortable to wear for an extended period of time.
My ZMF Co-Pilot pad arrived, just installed. Wow, finally feel this heavy beast. Way more comfy now

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #3,773 of 4,477
My ZMF Co-Pilot pad arrived, just installed. Wow, finally feel this heavy beast. Way more comfy now
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the limitation to using the pilot pad without the strap is that now you have no adjustment possible. If that is the case then this will work only for those whose head sizes / shapes basically require the max size. Am I missing something?

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #3,774 of 4,477
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the limitation to using the pilot pad without the strap is that now you have no adjustment possible. If that is the case then this will work only for those whose head sizes / shapes basically require the max size. Am I missing something?

Been wondering this too, I am using the max size and it looks like the ZMF pads are thick which means that the headset might no longer fit me.

I cant find them on amazon too so I cant return it if it doesnt work for me.

Aug 9, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #3,775 of 4,477
Been wondering this too, I am using the max size and it looks like the ZMF pads are thick which means that the headset might no longer fit me.

I cant find them on amazon too so I cant return it if it doesnt work for me.
For me, the middle notch wasn't deep enough and the max size just felt like the headset was hanging on my head. Strangely, the Pilot Pad provides a slight middle ground between the 2nd notch and max size that balances it with enough clamp as well, while enabling you to press it down a bit on your head since the Pad is still pretty plush.

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #3,776 of 4,477
For me, the middle notch wasn't deep enough and the max size just felt like the headset was hanging on my head. Strangely, the Pilot Pad provides a slight middle ground between the 2nd notch and max size that balances it with enough clamp as well, while enabling you to press it down a bit on your head since the Pad is still pretty plush.

Looks like the Co-Pilot pads are thiner, Ill give them consideration in the future.

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #3,777 of 4,477
Did you try one side on the middle, and one side on the bottom notch? That's the middle point between medium and large. Having the strap screws asymmetrically adjusted will not be noticeable when worn.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #3,778 of 4,477
I think so, bare in mind that the Co Pilot is also a bit thick. For me, the OG strap position is lowest one and the mid one. So asymmetrical setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back