Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Jul 6, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #3,610 of 4,480
Hi all, newbie here.

I have Audeze Maxwell, bought like a month ago. I am using Anker 521 Charger, Nano Pro, Compact 40W PIQ 3.0 Dual Port USB-C to charge my headset, but Audeze app showing battery levels wrong. In 3-4 minutes it increased from %18 to %93 and when I plugged out the cable, it decreased to %87 in few seconds. And after like 10 mins later battery is showing %17. I also tried charging via my laptop's USB C port and charge levels were again abnormal. It went from %17 to %100 in few minutes, and when I plugged out the cable it decreased to %30

Is there something wrong with the app, or the headset or what kind of charger shall I use to properly charge the headset?

I am using Windows 11 and Audeze app 3.1.57

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #3,611 of 4,480
I just got the PS Maxwell and I also notice the static noise when sidetone is active. It’s like a white noise static.

Also a question about the volume. Does it reset to a low volume each time the headset is turned off?

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #3,612 of 4,480
The more I listen to my set with imbalance the more confused I get. Yes there is definitely channel imbalance. Swapping to my LCD2Cs there is a definite way more solid center image. Some aspects of the center image on the Maxwell are centered. Its like some frequencies slide left. Some kick drum hits are more centered then slide off left with more boom. Man can you tell with drum tacks that something is just not right. Comparing against the LCD2C, drum placement definitely has a left lean with kicks and lower frequencies sliding even more left. Its very weird. I am glad I have a good reference.
Update. I received my 3rd replacement yesterday. Both drivers seem to be well balanced and I am not noticing the very noticeable lopsided sound that the last pair had. Going back and forth between the Maxwell and my LCD2Cs, I don't notice anything odd. The LCD2Cs still sound better but there isn't any of the frequency imbalance that was on the last pair. While I think the turnaround for this 4 month and 3 sets later process has taken way to long to get a functioning pair, I am appreciative of Audeze for working it out. In retrospect after buying from a Amazon retailer I would have just returned the first bad unit with Amazon's no questions asked return policy and repurchased. It probably would have shaved months. Purchasing a product and having it tied up in RMA for 4 months of a 12 month product warranty period is less than ideal.

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #3,613 of 4,480
Update. I received my 3rd replacement yesterday. Both drivers seem to be well balanced and I am not noticing the very noticeable lopsided sound that the last pair had. Going back and forth between the Maxwell and my LCD2Cs, I don't notice anything odd. The LCD2Cs still sound better but there isn't any of the frequency imbalance that was on the last pair. While I think the turnaround for this 4 month and 3 sets later process has taken way to long to get a functioning pair, I am appreciative of Audeze for working it out. In retrospect after buying from an Amazon retailer I would have just returned the first bad unit with Amazon's no questions asked return policy and repurchased. It probably would have shaved months. Purchasing a product and having it tied up in RMA for 4 months of a 12 month product warranty period is less than ideal.
You point out that the LCD2 sound better to you. Can you EQ the Maxwell to sound very similar? Can you EQ the Maxwell to sound better to you?

Jul 6, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #3,614 of 4,480
You point out that the LCD2 sound better to you. Can you EQ the Maxwell to sound very similar? Can you EQ the Maxwell to sound better to you?
I think the LCD2 sounds better because it's open back and the big sound comes from the large drivers. External amp is a factor as well. I don't mind eq for taking annoyances out of general sound signatures. Taking ringing out of rooms especially for live sound and manageable frequency spikes out of headphones. Playing with EQ to much can open up phase issues in the frequency response as a whole. The frequency curve of the LCD2 just fits (my) ears. The Maxwell doesn't sound bad at all. It's all subjective :)

Jul 6, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #3,615 of 4,480
I think the LCD2 sounds better because it's open back and the big sound comes from the large drivers. External amp is a factor as well. I don't mind eq for taking annoyances out of general sound signatures. Taking ringing out of rooms especially for live sound and manageable frequency spikes out of headphones. Playing with EQ to much can open up phase issues in the frequency response as a whole. The frequency curve of the LCD2 just fits (my) ears. The Maxwell doesn't sound bad at all. It's all subjective :)
Perfectly reasonable! I wasn’t challenging, just curious 😄. I personally like the timbre of the Maxwell (with light EQ), but like you I prefer open backs most of the time. My favorites include Drop x Focal Elex, and the Hifiman HE6SE, both open backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back