Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
May 1, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #3,211 of 4,477
@Audeze I ordered in March and it's now May - I still don't have any shipping notification. When will they be shipped out? should I just cancel my order at this point?
We are waiting on the late April production run to arrive before we begin shipping units. Your order should ship this month.

To all who have not seen the updates on shipping:

Below is the most current information on Maxwell shipments:

Updated (4/21/23)

Some Xbox units were recently shipped, however, we don’t expect to have all backordered Maxwell Xbox shipping until early May. This shipment should take care of all current orders (as of mid April, meaning direct customers, dealers, and distributors worldwide).

New Xbox orders (after mid-April) will be available in June.

Maxwell PS orders placed before mid-April should ship with our mid-May fulfillment. Orders made after that time will be fulfilled in June.

Please note that we’re only referring to our shipping dates – how an international distributor wants their product shipped affects the total shipping time (for example, if they picked ocean freight instead of air). Many international distributors already received some of their original orders, but immediately sold out, however, the balance of these orders should be satisfied by the mid-May shipments.

Maxwell shipping dates will be updated on its Product Page (below add to cart).

All shipment related updates and information will be always be available and updated on the Maxwell FAQ Page.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #3,212 of 4,477
I have a question regarding the Audeze app - I have seen some screenshots of users showing the "Dongle Firmware" information. I don't see that on the app on PC. It only shows the version status of the headset itself. How would I be able to check if the dongle firmware is up to date?

Audeze App Shot.png

May 2, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #3,214 of 4,477
I have a question regarding the Audeze app - I have seen some screenshots of users showing the "Dongle Firmware" information. I don't see that on the app on PC. It only shows the version status of the headset itself. How would I be able to check if the dongle firmware is up to date?

Audeze App Shot.png
IIRC you must turn on the headset to connect to the dongle plugged to the computer for the dongle to turn on. The PC should recognize it. Then you should get the option to update dongle within the app.

May 2, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #3,215 of 4,477
@Audeze
Playing simultaneous audio specifically in BT LDAC and AUX causes the BT audio to stutter very bad. Any other combination is fine though. Not sure if known already.
Re-update your firmware. I had this issue, my first firmware went through fine and it said I was on the latest version, and it did that. You have to double click on the firmware section to get the update firmware button to update to the same firmware.

May 2, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3,216 of 4,477
My Xbox unit is coming tomorrow. Do we need to update the firmware on new units or is it already loaded?

May 2, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #3,218 of 4,477
We are waiting on the late April production run to arrive before we begin shipping units. Your order should ship this month.

To all who have not seen the updates on shipping:

Below is the most current information on Maxwell shipments:

Updated (4/21/23)

Some Xbox units were recently shipped, however, we don’t expect to have all backordered Maxwell Xbox shipping until early May. This shipment should take care of all current orders (as of mid April, meaning direct customers, dealers, and distributors worldwide).

New Xbox orders (after mid-April) will be available in June.

Maxwell PS orders placed before mid-April should ship with our mid-May fulfillment. Orders made after that time will be fulfilled in June.

Please note that we’re only referring to our shipping dates – how an international distributor wants their product shipped affects the total shipping time (for example, if they picked ocean freight instead of air). Many international distributors already received some of their original orders, but immediately sold out, however, the balance of these orders should be satisfied by the mid-May shipments.

Maxwell shipping dates will be updated on its Product Page (below add to cart).

All shipment related updates and information will be always be available and updated on the Maxwell FAQ Page.
What happened to the firmware update that was supposed to be releasing? As well as the software for PC for doing eqs?

May 2, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #3,221 of 4,477
Ragnarok sounds SO good in Immersive with Tempest off for me. I'll try the Audeze preset with Tempest. Thanks.
I may just be crazy, but when I turn Tempest on with Immersive, certain effects sound so off, compared to when it's not activated. The water as Kratos pushes his boat off the shore sounds so muffled, and the main baddy's voice sounds like he's in a completely different room. How's your Maxwell connected (Dongle in the front, Dongle with Adapter in the back, 3.5)? Do you hear a difference if you turn Tempest on and off? If not, I'm just crazy or my PS5 is busted or both.
I was just playing some Ragnarok and I have the same impressions but with 3D Audio on w/ Maxwell set to Immersive EQ. Dongle plugged in front. Have you even been in a Dolby Cinema, that’s what it sounds like to me. Well not that good but still very immersive. We all hear differently so you might just not like the Tempest processing and that’s okay.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #3,223 of 4,477
I was just playing some Ragnarok and I have the same impressions but with 3D Audio on w/ Maxwell set to Immersive EQ. Dongle plugged in front. Have you even been in a Dolby Cinema, that’s what it sounds like to me. Well not that good but still very immersive. We all hear differently so you might just not like the Tempest processing and that’s okay.
Thanks so much for sharing. I had the dongle in the back; may mix it up and plug it in the front, but yeah, my ears may just not be a fan. Happy gaming!

May 3, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #3,224 of 4,477
I learned how to pronounce Audeze by getting the Maxwell, since it tells you how to pronounce Audeze when you switch to that EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back