Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #3,047 of 4,476
You wearing spectacles?
No I am not. I don't think sound is eacapi if that's why you are asking
Did you try making a new order in case the retailers are prioritizing newer ones?

This is the EQ I'm primarily using for now for gaming and music. Sometimes I may increase 32Hz to 2 dB.
Thank you I will try it out!

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #3,049 of 4,476
does the ps5 include something special to be taken into account ?
or the xbox version is the ps5 version with dolby atmos as a bonus and works on every source ps5 included ?
The Xbox uses a different Bluetooth connection protocol than the PS5. The connection had to be developed, tested and approved by Xbox before Audeze could release the Xbox version. The Atmos license can live anywhere. The ps5 version of the Maxwell can be used with Dolby atmos on pc. You just have to buy the license and it lives in your Microsoft account.

Apr 20, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #3,050 of 4,476
does the ps5 include something special to be taken into account ?
or the xbox version is the ps5 version with dolby atmos as a bonus and works on every source ps5 included ?
I think I read somewhere that the PS5 version has a higher volume when used with the PS5.

But maybe it was just a firmware issue that they fixed, and the Xbox version will behave the same. Not sure.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #3,053 of 4,476
Im using my maxwell for little bit less than a month now and it nearly "died" the second time now. It wouldn´t turn on and even after connecting the charging cable the charging LED wouldnt light up. After fiddling around with it (plugging the charger in and out several times, pressing the power button several times, etc) it would finally turn on after holding the button quite hard for like 30-60 seconds.

Since that happened 2 times already, im pretty sure my unit will die sooner or later.:zipper_mouth:
I ordered it from Son-Video (french seller), i hope their support speaks english, otherwise dealing with it will be a hassle....:dizzy_face:

Apr 20, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #3,054 of 4,476
The Xbox uses a different Bluetooth connection protocol than the PS5. The connection had to be developed, tested and approved by Xbox before Audeze could release the Xbox version. The Atmos license can live anywhere. The ps5 version of the Maxwell can be used with Dolby atmos on pc. You just have to buy the license and it lives in your Microsoft account.

but when you connect it to the console, you use the dongle, so the protocol should be the same for both.

would the xbox version work on a ps5 ? it should in theory.

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #3,055 of 4,476
but when you connect it to the console, you use the dongle, so the protocol should be the same for both.

It's how the console communicates and interacts with the dongle. I believe people have said Xbox maxwell works on Ps5 in pc mode and connected to one of the rear usb's or something like that. Audeze will not officially support the Xbox maxwell working on Ps5 due to patches from the consoles or firmwares from audeze that may stop the compatibility.

Apr 21, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #3,056 of 4,476

The protocol is not exactly the same. With Xbox version, Microsoft has a security chip that authenticates the license. In addition to audio, there is control commands (game/chat mix etc) that are communicated between the dongle and the host (xbox).

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 21, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #3,057 of 4,476

Xbox version works on ps5, but ps5 version doesn't works on xbox series cause it (ps5 one) doesn't have a security chip. So xbox version of maxwell is more universal.

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #3,058 of 4,476
Received my Maxwell Xbox yesterday. In the short time I had to test them out these are my thoughts…
I used the iOS app to EQ them a little I think?… the app won't display the dB ranges on the sliders which is odd. Sort of had to guess where I was on the sliders, but I did mess with it. I plugged them directly into my iPhone and then used preset 1… then just unplugged them? I assume that saved. I didn't have a chance to test the different presets extensively, but for what I put in they sound really good for Demon's Souls and Returnal on my PS5, like the sound is incredible. Elden Ring also sounds great, but I was mostly using them for co-op in that game so I had the game volume lower. Took a bit to figure out how to get the game and party volume balanced out on the xbox, but overall sound is impressive.

Comfort-wise, they do feel a bit heavy but it doesn't seem a huge issue. The band on the top of my head does give me a hotspot after awhile, but I think that's just how my head is, (this happens with other headphones that have that sort of band). With my glasses they did start to pinch after some time, so the comfort is just oki after about an hour or two of use… we'll see how it is after I wear them over time. My friend said my mic sounds fine in our party chat. I do notice that my ears can feel the inside of the drivers, cups are a bit shallow, at least for how they fit my head. Doesn't seem to be an issue tho?

One thing I want to point out to anyone who uses both xbox and ps… if you are going to use the xbox version on the playstation, you have to use the usb-a adapter on your playstation as well and toggle to pc. When you just plug the dongle into the usb-c input on the ps5 it will not recognise it. Using the adapter it popped up just fine. I don't notice any volume differences on the ps5 either… both sound great to my ears. Haven't had time to really have a long session with them to test the dolby atmos vs 3d tempest, but overall Demon's souls and Returnal have amazing sound design and these just bring those games to life even more.

Something I was wondering; when I plug them into my mac to adjust the game to party chat mix, I noticed that when I plug them back in it seems to go back default centre? Is there a way to adjust the game vs party chat audio just on the headset itself, or do I have to plug them into my mac every time? That seems a bit annoying. I cannot do it on the xbox console itself like I can on the playstation… it's just greyed out.

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #3,059 of 4,476
Received my Maxwell Xbox yesterday. In the short time I had to test them out these are my thoughts…
I used the iOS app to EQ them a little I think?… the app won't display the dB ranges on the sliders which is odd. Sort of had to guess where I was on the sliders, but I did mess with it. I plugged them directly into my iPhone and then used preset 1… then just unplugged them? I assume that saved. I didn't have a chance to test the different presets extensively, but for what I put in they sound really good for Demon's Souls and Returnal on my PS5, like the sound is incredible. Elden Ring also sounds great, but I was mostly using them for co-op in that game so I had the game volume lower. Took a bit to figure out how to get the game and party volume balanced out on the xbox, but overall sound is impressive.

Comfort-wise, they do feel a bit heavy but it doesn't seem a huge issue. The band on the top of my head does give me a hotspot after awhile, but I think that's just how my head is, (this happens with other headphones that have that sort of band). With my glasses they did start to pinch after some time, so the comfort is just oki after about an hour or two of use… we'll see how it is after I wear them over time. My friend said my mic sounds fine in our party chat. I do notice that my ears can feel the inside of the drivers, cups are a bit shallow, at least for how they fit my head. Doesn't seem to be an issue tho?

One thing I want to point out to anyone who uses both xbox and ps… if you are going to use the xbox version on the playstation, you have to use the usb-a adapter on your playstation as well and toggle to pc. When you just plug the dongle into the usb-c input on the ps5 it will not recognise it. Using the adapter it popped up just fine. I don't notice any volume differences on the ps5 either… both sound great to my ears. Haven't had time to really have a long session with them to test the dolby atmos vs 3d tempest, but overall Demon's souls and Returnal have amazing sound design and these just bring those games to life even more.

Something I was wondering; when I plug them into my mac to adjust the game to party chat mix, I noticed that when I plug them back in it seems to go back default centre? Is there a way to adjust the game vs party chat audio just on the headset itself, or do I have to plug them into my mac every time? That seems a bit annoying. I cannot do it on the xbox console itself like I can on the playstation… it's just greyed out.
Thanks for sharing!

How are they for music listening? Do you have any other headphones you could compare them to?

I wonder how they'd compare to the JM Audio XTC Closed, which have gotten quite a bit of hype lately. (keeping in mind that those are wired and don't have a microphone)

Apr 21, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #3,060 of 4,476
Just got a shipping notification from Bloom. Will have them tomorrow. The wait is over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back