Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Apr 16, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #3,002 of 4,476
Dear Gurus, if i am just using the maxwell for my pc and nothing else(no ps nor xbox), which model should i buy? got confused when i saw someone typed that we can get atmos by just paying $15. Does that mean the xbox model would have better "sounding" compared to the ps model if that is done?

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #3,003 of 4,476
Dear Gurus, if i am just using the maxwell for my pc and nothing else(no ps nor xbox), which model should i buy? got confused when i saw someone typed that we can get atmos by just paying $15. Does that mean the xbox model would have better "sounding" compared to the ps model if that is done?
Doesn't matter which version you get for PC use. You can buy the Dolby Atmos license on PC.

Apr 16, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #3,005 of 4,476
Thank you for the quick response. Just to clarify, so i do not need the maxwell to have Dolby Atmos (aka the xbox version) to enjoy a better "sounding" as i only need the pc to have the software?
Thank you for the quick response. Just to clarify, so i do not need the maxwell to have Dolby Atmos (aka the xbox version) to enjoy a better "sounding" as i only need the pc to have the software?
The Dolby Atmos software works with all headphones on PC. No difference between the Xbox and PS version of the Maxwell on PC

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #3,008 of 4,476
Just got an email update from Audeze that my xbox Maxwells have shipped. Says they should be here next week Thursday. I ordered direct from Audeze on 9 March.
I'm pretty irked that I ordered from headphones.com on Dec 13th and Audeze still hasn't shipped Xbox units to them. It's been 4 months since I put my order in, and I won't be surprised if I don't receive anything until May or June at this point. I've remained quiet and patient, but this has truly been a disastrous launch.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #3,009 of 4,476
I'm pretty irked that I ordered from headphones.com on Dec 13th and Audeze still hasn't shipped Xbox units to them. It's been 4 months since I put my order in, and I won't be surprised if I don't receive anything until May or June at this point. I've remained quiet and patient, but this has truly been a disastrous launch.
Obviously pre-ordering is a bit of a gamble, only real winner is the seller who typically gets your money up front. For the most predictable delivery obviously the best thing to do is order when in stock. I also pre-ordered, but only a couple of weeks ago, and really don‘t have much in the way of expectations on delivery time…

Apr 16, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #3,012 of 4,476
Yeah it's been really messed up that they are letting people that pre-ordered months before from other retailers stuck with nothing while people that order on their website just a month before get the headphones.

I'm pretty sure the retailers aren't happy, in fact I know of at least one who felt screwed over, so at least the retailers that care about their customers.

Absolutely terrible customer service move by Audeze here.

I had a pre-order with B&H since December 17th. I just canceled that because I also pre-ordered from bloom in January.

Either way, Audeze customers who ordered way after you or me are still getting their headphones and we got nothing. And literally no estimated delivery date yet either. Nada.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #3,013 of 4,476
Pretty disappointed with the Maxwell PS version. I had multiple issues, some of which I've seen people complain about.
1. There seems to be something loose in the left ear cup, which makes a rattling sound when you move your head. This is beside the very loose and wobbly volume buttons.
2. The sound balance on my unit was pretty awful even after updates. Left ear was definitely louder.
3. I removed the pads to take a look and the gray film inside had some wrinkles around the top-left and right-bottom edges. I don't know if this is normal and I haven't seen anyone complain about this. Only the left cup was like this, the right one was perfectly flat with no wrinkles.

I expected a lot better for the price and the renown of the Audeze. I am afraid to try and buy another one since in my country there is only one reseller and most likely all units are from the same batch. Perhaps the Xbox Version will have better QC.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #3,014 of 4,476
Pretty disappointed with the Maxwell PS version. I had multiple issues, some of which I've seen people complain about.
1. There seems to be something loose in the left ear cup, which makes a rattling sound when you move your head. This is beside the very loose and wobbly volume buttons.
2. The sound balance on my unit was pretty awful even after updates. Left ear was definitely louder.
3. I removed the pads to take a look and the gray film inside had some wrinkles around the top-left and right-bottom edges. I don't know if this is normal and I haven't seen anyone complain about this. Only the left cup was like this, the right one was perfectly flat with no wrinkles.

I expected a lot better for the price and the renown of the Audeze. I am afraid to try and buy another one since in my country there is only one reseller and most likely all units are from the same batch. Perhaps the Xbox Version will have better QC.
Most of those are an issue of that particular unit. Issues and defective products are bound to happen with mass produced things. I would RMA for an exchange which I'm sure Audeze will have no problem doing.

Apr 17, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #3,015 of 4,476
Most of those are an issue of that particular unit. Issues and defective products are bound to happen with mass produced things. I would RMA for an exchange which I'm sure Audeze will have no problem doing.
If you are in the US, sure. I am in the EU and the only reseller in my country doesn't do RMAs easy. Had to RMA my Penrose and had to go through hoops and loops in order to get an international RMA directly from Audeze. I had to insist on their support for a month. I finally managed to get my Penrose 6 months after...
Audeze customer support is horrible and their reseller in my country is 10 times worse. Not going through that again. I will return mine, but the issues I have described are widespread. For a premium product this is not acceptable.
Just an additional note, this reseller bought exclusive distribution rights in my country, and not only 1 min after completing the return form, you can see the listing for the used product on their store. They won't even check the issues. They will resell the product as new for 20$ less without remorse. This is the partners that Audeze makes business with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back