Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Mar 21, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #2,687 of 4,477
@Audeze I think it'll help if someone update the user guide how to properly upgrade firmware. I spent about 10 minutes looking around the site before diving in the forums.
I agree. There are three different things to keep updated. The HQ software, which does not prompt if a new version is available. You just have to periodically check Audeze software page to see if a new version has come out. The dongle can be updated separately and the headset can be updated separately. It was very confusing the first time.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #2,688 of 4,477
The user guide, states how to update the firmware. The user guide is linked on the product page.

Maxwell User Guide (found on the Maxwell Product Page as well)

I'll paste the steps below, but please refer to the user guide for future reference.

Firmware Updates​

You can update the firmware using the Audeze HQ application. The latest versions can be found on our software page here: https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-software

PC/Mac app:

1. From the HQ app, navigate to the settings tab. From there, while the dongle is plugged in, press the “update dongle” button.
    -PgWzotu8JIY2c4dJC_npWyaR5mFDpaMpGxnpjCREjtU5lQNKRb-PzT7VangVjO09Neul1Nq20D_tsapx6kSJNOBKbHeiIO2XTMAaKm6j9nSREaYN6Q5BWKRqS_qTDIZzaF2HfVx9WOmgmFyeoZGypA
  2. Unplug the dongle and plug in Maxwell via wired USB. Click “Update Headset”.
    RIZPE7M-ryim3b8jb1XxqYhR0JQnaU197P4wBh-ZDkwbmNO7JLd1B8qRSItichte18nqX0SG0jsq0dVWfma33DTRyeHZUf6Ll1w26kO5r96mZj68Q-8RKhUWtftcneCalujGDo7WdxKGJWQWDN1ZWuQ
  3. Plug the dongle back in, make sure both dongle and headset firmware display that they are up-to-date:
    vmlNBeVe9peM3RE2LSpEKADAKcPLgvozr_F8BM5hfTfjtF3Z_nj2HULeCJrHTGIK2FV4DGjJC4B2Lm_IAjc-5m_6hun1ZCt9pTaFXalMEKAPCyoUPlViaHWN3NuVnzhVmr4K8FVdaFc6deH1YBeQfCY

Android app:

1. From the settings menu, if an update is available, simply click “Update Headset”
Please note: Dongle updates are currently not available on Mobile devices. You must update your dongle via the PC or Mac app to maintain version parity.
_JrsEsDQNIEnI85ZYUQJe-R5CLSGQ5wjv4qLIOG0bqUXHS2w0lYPRE0ch_QEi__OxRkP1e3huKGV0SIBvNHW2wcDi1RqEenLgOblWBtTd16eL0wFAIHfs2xHZYWpHHTWRmH2u4_6Ypx38D5gl9qV0WY
wb2v2rwlmPU66ZlAPpqbf_XizESE5fJE12_LHQRi_qeeZra86syh6aGIw44w1WzreX5hCZ2nbp6rHdDwZOomS2YZb_rx_jhtJE8ViaTzSS09qwfq7pwBl4WdT9cC8sMc0occ3L87MQMX9VhTSXH6V4I

Last edited:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 21, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #2,689 of 4,477
I'm surprised how good latency and audio quality via bluetooth is using the Audeze Maxwell with the Steamdeck. I'm not sure what the Steamdeck supports in terms of bluetooth codecs, but it sounds great, very comparable with the audio quality on PC with the dongle and Dolby Atmos.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #2,695 of 4,477
The left driver rattles sometimes in my device. Could it be a firmware issue, or is it a physical failure, and should I send it back?
We're sorry you're having issues. If you haven't already, please send us an email at support@audeze.com.

It may be that something happened during shipping, and it's definitely not normal. We'll be more than happy to assist you, though if you ordered within your region, we ask that you contact your country distributor so they can assist you.

Mar 22, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #2,697 of 4,477
We're sorry you're having issues. If you haven't already, please send us an email at support@audeze.com.

It may be that something happened during shipping, and it's definitely not normal. We'll be more than happy to assist you, though if you ordered within your region, we ask that you contact your country distributor so they can assist you.
Thank you, for your reply. I contacted Thomann(I bought it from here), they will replace it. It's a shame, cuz I like it's sound, with the bass boost EQ profile. I hope, the next one will be fine. Don't really think, its a shipping issue, cuz as I said, everything, what I bought from you guys, were defective right from the box.(You should pay more attention to your QC, cuz your cans are great otherwise)

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #2,699 of 4,477
Thank you, for your reply. I contacted Thomann(I bought it from here), they will replace it. It's a shame, cuz I like it's sound, with the bass boost EQ profile. I hope, the next one will be fine. Don't really think, its a shipping issue, cuz as I said, everything, what I bought from you guys, were defective right from the box.(You should pay more attention to your QC, cuz your cans are great otherwise)
Also got mine there... The only thing I can think off is the side tone? Did you turn that off? - It's total trash, you HAVE to turn that off or it will sound massively broken!

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #2,700 of 4,477
Had my Maxwell for a day now! (Southern Germany, for people curious about locations/shipping times).
I wrote the following mini-review for my brother, let me just translate that for here:

Wow!!! I installed a software equalizer and now it's really coming to life!
Pre-EQ: 8.6/10 sound for a gaming headset. Great (clean) Bass, but a noticeable hole in in the upper mid-range, lower high-range
After-Software-EQ: 11/10 for a gaming headset! Basically sounds like the lower end of the audiophile range (which is intended as a massive compliment!), I've been wishing for something like this 20+ years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back