Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Mar 8, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #2,236 of 4,477
Support has acknowledged the PS5 volume issue over email and said a fix is planned for next firmware update.

No ETA or confirmation that it'll definitely be fixed, but I didn't expect that. Let's cross our fingers!
This is great. It's very annoying that it has not been acknowledged in public though because it was mentioned here and both Audeze and Mad Lust Envy have replied in here since all the reports. Maybe it's in the FAQ and I haven't noticed it, but it seems several questions here have been overlooked, yet answered over email. Another example is whether the adapter is bluetooth or not. I dunno, just seems weird. If they hadn't posted since then, I get it, but they've even talked about volume measurements here, yet not commented on a fix coming.

Mar 8, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #2,238 of 4,477
Reading the last pages for the dongle - does this mean that Maxwell is not capable of any lossless sound delivery?

Not wireless. Using USB would be your best bet if you want lossless.

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #2,241 of 4,477
If I have the Aux connected (via and apple DAC, as otherwise it doesn't work properly on my work pc), the usb-dongle (to my game pc), and a bluetooth device, the bluetooth device audio stutters, even though it's the only source playing. Anyone else tried this combination?

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #2,242 of 4,477
This is great. It's very annoying that it has not been acknowledged in public though because it was mentioned here and both Audeze and Mad Lust Envy have replied in here since all the reports. Maybe it's in the FAQ and I haven't noticed it, but it seems several questions here have been overlooked, yet answered over email. Another example is whether the adapter is bluetooth or not. I dunno, just seems weird. If they hadn't posted since then, I get it, but they've even talked about volume measurements here, yet not commented on a fix coming.
I completely agree with you, they could have communicated it in the forum because there are many users who are concerned about this and we have not read a response from @Audeze.
Hopefully the firmware update will be soon and it works well with dongle and ps5.

Mar 8, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #2,243 of 4,477
Not even on the latest protocol? I know Qualcomm have found a way to achieve this

The Maxwell doesn't support Qualcomm codecs and LC3plus is lossy as far as I know. I'd bet it's pretty much transparent, so it doesn't bother me since I won't be able to hear a difference, but technically it's not lossless.

Mar 8, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #2,244 of 4,477
I got my pair of Maxwells on Monday and I’ve been enjoying them so far except when I connect them to my iPhone. They sound so dull and my AirPods Pro sound way better. Not sure what’s really going on there but I thought I had a dud unit. Even changing the EQs on the Maxwells didn’t sound all that different.

That’s until I listened to the same music in my PC and they sound like they’re supposed. Even the EQs work and sound different, so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

Mar 8, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #2,246 of 4,477
I got this from Proshop.se right now:

New expected delivery date: 21-03-2023

The delay is due to item number 3131427 Audeze Maxwell - xBox not arriving at our warehouse as expected and therefore cannot be delivered at the expected time. We are of course working on getting these home so that your order can be sent as soon as possible.

Im not exactly sure why they sent that out, on the site it has been "Expected delivery date 2023-04-11" for quite some time now.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #2,247 of 4,477
I got my pair of Maxwells on Monday and I’ve been enjoying them so far except when I connect them to my iPhone. They sound so dull and my AirPods Pro sound way better. Not sure what’s really going on there but I thought I had a dud unit. Even changing the EQs on the Maxwells didn’t sound all that different.

That’s until I listened to the same music in my PC and they sound like they’re supposed. Even the EQs work and sound different, so I’m not sure what’s going on there.
yea i had mentioned similar the other day, my jaybird vistas sound way better on the iphone. i used the maxwells via bluetooth on my samsung tablet and it’s drastically better. a buddy is giving me an old galaxy phone to test with it later this week. maybe bc android uses LDAC? it turns on when i connect the headphone to my tablet. if that’s the case i may go to a samsung phone

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #2,248 of 4,477
Right now which sounds better on PS5, Maxwell or Penrose?
I'm just talking about the sound aspect.

Can someone answer my question objectively?
The Maxwell is a follow-up to the Penrose. With the Penrose you may have pops and cutouts because of interference in the 2.4GHz spectrum. The Maxwell uses a BT for the PS5 and the interference is non-existent in my experience.

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #2,250 of 4,477
Yes, I know, but I've been wearing my Penroses for six months and they're perfectly fine.
Now I want to buy Maxwell for Xbox

The Maxwells do not use the 2.4 ghz protocol to connect to Ps5?? Is it different from Penrose??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back