Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Mar 2, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #1,876 of 4,476
I think it's safe to say I'll never preorder something from Audeze again with how poor the communication has been about the Maxwell X.

At minimum, they could announce a date of when they'll provide a progress update - even if no progress was made at all with Microsoft. If they get shipped ahead of that imaginary date, I don't think anyone would complain.

All that said, the glowing feedback from Playstation users is keeping my preorder dreams alive. These headphones truly do sound like they can do everything.

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,877 of 4,476
I think it's safe to say I'll never preorder something from Audeze again with how poor the communication has been about the Maxwell X.

At minimum, they could announce a date of when they'll provide a progress update - even if no progress was made at all with Microsoft. If they get shipped ahead of that imaginary date, I don't think anyone would complain.

All that said, the glowing feedback from Playstation users is keeping my preorder dreams alive. These headphones truly do sound like they can do everything.
They can't "wireless and bluetooth" :)

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #1,879 of 4,476
Tested this last night on Gran Turismo 7. Made sure I had 3D spatial audio selected in the options and maxed out the volume on the PS5 itself and turned up the volume on the headset. It's hard to know exactly what level I was at since there's no indicator but my best guess was maybe 70/80% - pretty sure I was just about 2-3 clicks away from max level on the headset. At this 70/80% level, it was plenty loud for me and probably as high as I would take it. The game sounded absolutely incredible. I did not check it with any story games but will try Horizon Forbidden West in my next playthrough - my guess is that'll sound pretty good since the detail and directional audio were decent in GT7 and had no issues with loudness.

The odd thing was I loaded up Spotify to see how music would sound and that was a disappointment. I maxed out the volume on the headset and PS5 and while music was very listenable on that volume, I felt like it just wasn't loud enough. That surprised me since the volume on GT7 was more than enough (even though I was pretty close to max on the headset) but I would have expected similar loudness for music as well. Having the option to go a couple of levels higher for music would have been good but to be frank, I never listen to music on consoles anyway - I'm just there to game. I'm not sure if I was missing volume control on Spotify itself but did anyone else notice that in their testing on PS5?

Overall on the PS5 volume topic - even though 70/80% was more than loud enough for me, other users may want some more room than just 2 additional levels. I'm not sure if this can be addressed through a firmware update I think it would be good to get that extra headroom for others who may want it.

I don't use those music players - I'm pretty basic and use Spotify on my PC haha! But if it's a standard PC music player, I don't see any reason why that would not allow you to transmit audio by having the headset connected via the USB dongle. You'd get all the audio from your PC. Maybe I'm not understanding your question but again I don't see why not. I can play audio through VLC media player for example and it sounded fine.
Thank you very much for the update!
I look forward to your comments when you try it on Horizon.
Regarding the volume of Spotify I think I can help you, look at the volume selection of the ps5 itself and check that the music volume bar is at maximum, it is different from the one for games.
Something similar happened to me with my Nova Pro Wireless and TB700Max until I realized this.
All the best.

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,881 of 4,476
This is definitely infuriating. Especially the fact that they submitted them to Microsoft almost 2 months after announcing the pre-order, and blaming Microsoft for the holdup. Cmon
Just to point out there are massive delays with their certification process right now. Other companies have been getting certification done in 6 month time frames.

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,882 of 4,476
The certification process with Microsoft is ongoing. We are making every effort we can on our end to ensure it is completed ASAP, and we will let everyone know as soon as there is news to report.
Thank you for the update. Are you able to say if the Xbox version of the Maxwell’s will be ready to ship the moment you get cert or will they all need firmware updating?

Mar 2, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #1,883 of 4,476
Thank you for the update. Are you able to say if the Xbox version of the Maxwell’s will be ready to ship the moment you get cert or will they all need firmware updating?
Can’t see why they can’t be doing that while waiting tbh. Unless someone has more knowledge on this. I can’t think of a reason why they couldn’t anyway.

Mar 2, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #1,884 of 4,476
Can’t see why they can’t be doing that while waiting tbh. Unless someone has more knowledge on this. I can’t think of a reason why they couldn’t anyway.
Id hope so but I’ve seen a few people ask similar questions and not seen Audeze give an answer. MYbe they can’t but these are the kind of updates people would love to know

Mar 2, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,885 of 4,476
Id hope so but I’ve seen a few people ask similar questions and not seen Audeze give an answer. MYbe they can’t but these are the kind of updates people would love to know
Well personally myself I am used to them being that way especially on here. I've had numerous people mention to be they just get ignored.

Mar 2, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #1,886 of 4,476
next time just don pre order. only order once sets are ready. that simple. Why wanna plunged money in when the money can be stored in a high yield savings account that can give u interest/profits?

By putting money in a preorder, your monies get locked up by them to their benefit and u wont know when it will be shipped. So learn from this. Hope everyone remembers this and DO NOT PREORDER with audeze ever until their headsets are ready for purchase. All should sorta boycott whenever you hear them mentioning preorder. Just wait till headsets are ready. Then no one will get disappointed.

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #1,887 of 4,476
next time just don pre order. only order once sets are ready. that simple. Why wanna plunged money in when the money can be stored in a high yield savings account that can give u interest/profits?

By putting money in a preorder, your monies get locked up by them to their benefit and u wont know when it will be shipped. So learn from this. Hope everyone remembers this and DO NOT PREORDER with audeze ever until their headsets are ready for purchase. All should sorta boycott whenever you hear them mentioning preorder. Just wait till headsets are ready. Then no one will get disappointed.
LOL yeah that 5 cents that would have accrued in a savings account would make a huge difference

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #1,888 of 4,476
Here’s for the guys wondering about psvr2
90D5D24D-0C79-49D3-9D69-2A862422F2BA.jpeg

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #1,889 of 4,476
If they still open boxes with the xbox version of maxwell for firmware updates and probably know the number of pre-orders in December, then they could put some small gift inside for this batch, for example, an xbox gamepass promo code for 14 days. On the one hand, it's not much, on the other hand, it's at least some kind of pleasant encouragement for the patience of loyal fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back