Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Feb 27, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #1,743 of 4,476
Can somebody help me,
What is the maximum volume on PS5? After looking for a replacement for my old artics pro wireless, the Maxwell are my choice but I have had bad experience with other recent models like the 700max in history games (TLOU, Returnal, GOW Ragnarok...)
Thank you.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #1,744 of 4,476
I was watching this review
and I the "fewer magnets" part is interesting to me. Is it because surface area of driver is smaller 100vs90 or it wasnt necessary? Maybe it was cost saving measure? I wonder if its affect sound negatively in any way. Everyone is praising Maxwell sound so I guess not.

Feb 27, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #1,745 of 4,476
Is there anyway to control chatmix on PC without having to connect the headset through USB?

I use it so much while using discord. I can easily shift what I'm hearing from my PC (game/movie/video audio) to it being more shifted to my Discord audio so I hear what my friends are saying better over my game audio. Never realized just how much I used and liked that feature on the Arctis 7 until I started using the Maxwell these past few days since that headset has one dial that controls it easily.

Not sure if I'm missing this being on the headset or not. I just see two dials, one controlling volume of the headset and one controlling what I assume is my microphone output volume?

The second dial on the Maxwell controls chatmix, not microphone volume, though I personally haven't actually tried the functionality

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #1,748 of 4,476
Traumatized Maxwell owner here after playing Dead Space on Series X in Atmos wired to my TV. If anyone has DS game play this on immersive mode, amazing stuff.
I forgot who asked about the Nova Pro wired, well I own the Xbox version and while I really enjoy the Nova Pro—it’s light and very comfortable, hands down Maxwell is my favorite. Perhaps the slight edge for FPS might go to the Nova’s but Maxwell sounds so rich especially using the immersive EQ.
I also ordered a psvr2 while waiting for maxwell X. How about the comfort of psvr2 and maxwell in your opinion?

P.S. I'm not techne :)

Feb 27, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #1,749 of 4,476
I also ordered a psvr2 while waiting for maxwell X. How about the comfort of psvr2 and maxwell in your opinion?

P.S. I'm not techne :)
I haven’t tried them together yet. I made the mistake of setting up PS VR2 around my dogs dinner time. Yorkies aren’t patient creatures so needless to say I need to give it another go.
Regardless, I adjusted to the weight of Maxwell quickly so it doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I don’t really notice it. Maxwell is evenly balanced on one’s head and the ear cushions are very comfortable so you end up focusing on the great audio, at least for me, your mileage my vary. :)

Also @Mad Lust Envy Are we getting the firmware update today? I forgot when you mentioned it would be available.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #1,752 of 4,476
I was watching this review
and I the "fewer magnets" part is interesting to me. Is it because surface area of driver is smaller 100vs90 or it wasnt necessary? Maybe it was cost saving measure? I wonder if its affect sound negatively in any way. Everyone is praising Maxwell sound so I guess not.

They answered this in the forum somewhere. The active area of the drivers are the same as the Penrose. If I remember correctly, making the drivers smaller had something to do with the housing improvements.

Crazy how people are making reviews, but not doing any actual research leaving viewers with more questions. Like some other dude called the Maxwells an ANC headset 💀

Feb 27, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #1,753 of 4,476
I have not watched a single review but just based on the posting here, I am quite looking forward to my xbox version when they come out. Happy for all the satisfied customers so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back