Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Jan 29, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #887 of 4,477
Directly from Audeze and I’m not trying to push my way up in line. It sounded like there were still PS units available.
I emailed customer service so nuff said. :)
Glad to hear. I really like Audeze support so far. I canceled one, then replaced my order and had no issues or complaints from them. They are a great company from what I can see.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #888 of 4,477
I hate to be the one to say it but what part of Microsoft have a huge backlog didn’t you understand? And ofc they don’t know Microsoft won’t give them a timeframe as to when they will be ready. If they sold them without certification they would be libel to all manners of lawsuits.. I totally get your frustration I want mine too. But your frustration should be aimed squarely as Microsoft it’s not just with Audeze this happens I’ve seen games updates delayed because of the same process.
I hate to be the one to say it but any company launching a product has to take all factors into consideration. Including certification. That's not just an excuse. It sounds like they didn't even have it in front of Microsoft to be certified in December when they were already promising availability. They dropped the ball big time on this I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #889 of 4,477
I hate to be the one to say it but any company launching a product has to take all factors into consideration. Including certification. That's not just an excuse. It sounds like they didn't even have it in front of Microsoft to be certified in December when they were already promising availability. They dropped the ball big time on this I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.
Yes but you have to take this simple fact into Consideration the delay is in Microsoft’s end. That’s it. I understand your viewpoint very well but it’s flawed. You aiming your disappointment at Audeze when the delay is with another company. Case in point the ps units are shipping soon. Yet Xbox ones are delayed.

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #890 of 4,477
Now I am completely aware that the Maxwell is unable to do simultaneous Wireless and Bluetooth audio. I have a PS5 and have recently started using Discord from my phone for game chat with my Penrose.
What are my options when it comes to Maxwell? Do I have any options? Now Playstation is meant to have full discord support in March, so that might solve the issue, but I am not holding my breath. Is there any work-around?
Yeah, are you using a monitor? PC? If monitor has a 3,5mm aux port you can connect from that to PC Line in. Switch to hdmi audio on Ps5. In Windows you can then choose “listen to this device” and voila you will have game audio from ps5 and discord on your pc.

Jan 29, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #891 of 4,477
Yes but you have to take this simple fact into Consideration the delay is in Microsoft’s end. That’s it. I understand your viewpoint very well but it’s flawed. You aiming your disappointment at Audeze when the delay is with another company. Case in point the ps units are shipping soon. Yet Xbox ones are delayed.
Wouldn’t Audeze know about the MS delay and just offer the PS version first to preorder? Audeze should have had knowledge of the situation at MS in Dec and delay preorders for Xbox. It’s not that complicated IMHO and would have avoided a s#%* show. I have never preordered a product that was paid in full with no ETA, must have been lucky up to now. :wink:

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #894 of 4,477
That doesn’t really stack up though in fairness as even the PS versions are delayed well beyond estimates already. UK Audeze site advertised early Jan shipping when preorders went live in December.

Long and short of it is Audeze have just been a bit over optimistic on when they can get these in our hands in the hope of maximising preorders at the point of announcing them.

In all honesty I can understand the above from a business point of view and get that things can go wrong. It’s the vagueness of the new expected despatch dates I don’t get now when they were so certain/concrete in December?

Hope shipment isn't too far off for the PS sets. Kind of crazy that they're all just sitting in a warehouse right now waiting for a software update.

I recall something similar happening with the Penrose.
I'm wondering if its a case of the actual software not being finalised yet rather than just the headsets not having been flashed with the right firmware yet.

The fact Audeze says 'they are making some changes to optimise' implies to me that they need to work on getting a further software version before they can even start updating the headsets?

They clearly want to release this in as flawless a state as absolutely possible - hopefully we get an update ETA, for the PS version at least, asap.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #895 of 4,477
That doesn’t really stack up though in fairness as even the PS versions are delayed well beyond estimates already. UK Audeze site advertised early Jan shipping when preorders went live in December.

Long and short of it is Audeze have just been a bit over optimistic on when they can get these in our hands in the hope of maximising preorders at the point of announcing them.

In all honesty I can understand the above from a business point of view and get that things can go wrong. It’s the vagueness of the new expected despatch dates I don’t get now when they were so certain/concrete in December?
They said January on the American one. and the vagueness is simple they don't have an exact date. Do you work in software? I am talking about the PS versions now there is clearly an issue with the Os because otherwise we would have it in hand by now. This is a small company how big will their dev team be really?. I ordered mine the minute they went live and I Am disappointed but I temper that disappointment with reality I know how difficult this kind of thing can be we don't know what Microsoft is telling them they could be vague about the certification leading to them being vague with us. In the PS version well I think that's a case of something is wrong either with the firmware itself or integrating it with Audeze HQ.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #896 of 4,477
Except nothing I said is flawed. You can't excuse a company because they just dismiss any factors that happen from another company. Do you know how many products rely on other companies to complete? That's just a really terrible excuse and maybe is good for a kindergartner with their homework but not for a large company selling consumer products.

They managed to charge 30 bucks more for the Xbox version which is fine so they already knew it had a different process. You're acting like they didn't know Microsoft had to certify a security chip for security purposes. Your logic would make sense if Microsoft sprung the surprise on them last minute. But that is nowhere near the case.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #897 of 4,477
They said January on the American one. and the vagueness is simple they don't have an exact date. Do you work in software? I am talking about the PS versions now there is clearly an issue with the Os because otherwise we would have it in hand by now. This is a small company how big will their dev team be really?. I ordered mine the minute they went live and I Am disappointed but I temper that disappointment with reality I know how difficult this kind of thing can be we don't know what Microsoft is telling them they could be vague about the certification leading to them being vague with us. In the PS version well I think that's a case of something is wrong either with the firmware itself or integrating it with Audeze HQ.
Totally agree with you on the vagueness on the Xbox version - that lies 100% at Microsoft's door and the certification process.

Also agree with the assumption on the PS delay - there's clearly something cropped up they want to fix in software before releasing them - just a shame they were so confident with an 'early Jan' launch before something like this came up. I see the new Audeze HQ isn't available yet - hopefully that might go live soon as an indication things are nearing release?

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #898 of 4,477
Actually in America the announcements for this headset said shipping late December.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #899 of 4,477
I am waiting until they are readily available.

Jan 29, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #900 of 4,477
Totally agree with you on the vagueness on the Xbox version - that lies 100% at Microsoft's door and the certification process.

Also agree with the assumption on the PS delay - there's clearly something cropped up they want to fix in software before releasing them - just a shame they were so confident with an 'early Jan' launch before something like this came up. I see the new Audeze HQ isn't available yet - hopefully that might go live soon as an indication things are nearing release?
That's what I've been trying to say I get why people are disappointed some might be even angry its understandable but with things like headsets and electronics these kind of delays can happen. Its a shame we all want this new headset and preferably yesterday. I'm stuck using a turtle beach right now and the sound offends my ears lol. And hopefully yes I do hope the PS version ships in the next week or so be nice for some good news that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back