Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Jan 19, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #661 of 4,480
Thanks for the update @Audeze although ‘hope to be in the next few weeks’ still doesn’t sound terribly optimistic even for PS orders. Internationally this could still be March I guess which is why UK website just says Q1?

Hopefully the firmware work goes well and ahead of schedule.

Jan 19, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #662 of 4,480
This is how it always works in consumer capitalist culture - over promise and under deliver. Most companies do this constantly

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #666 of 4,480
I deeply respect this honesty. Please do not hesitate to share your difficulties with your customers. Be frank, be sincere, be transparent, and explain the unexpected with patience, people would understand.

I’m a Penrose owner, and also a fully paid Maxwell buyer. I deeply appreciate Audeze for bring high quality plainer magnetic tech to the gaming market. I will surely support Audeze and wait until Maxwell is ready.

Most importantly, we (at least I) want to hear and see more information about Maxwell. Official unboxing, hands-on videos will do just fine. Please share this amazing product with us!

Lastly, you may want to learn from this experience, and have more conversations with your development team. Every decision has its consequences, and an over-promised releases date might introduce negative impacts on your brand and employees. Honesty and humbleness might help to minimize future costs.

May Audeze be prosperous!!

Hi all, we have an update to provide for shipment times:

We now have Maxwell units in our SoCal warehouse, and are making some changes to optimize the firmware.

Playstation: Once the firmware is updated, we’ll ship the PS units immediately worldwide (this means international dealers/distributors as well). We hope this will be in just a few weeks.

Xbox: We have to wait for Microsoft’s certification before we can ship. Unfortunately, we have no control over this process, and we have no idea how long this will take.

Be assured we will ship every Maxwell order as soon as we can. We're excited to get this product into our customers' hands, but we need to know you'll have a good experience with it (and get Microsoft's blessing for the Xbox units).

No further info is available at this time.

Maxwell shipping dates will be updated on its Product Page (below add to cart).

Shipment info will also be available and updated on the Maxwell FAQ Page.

Jan 19, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #670 of 4,480
Funny, just mere minutes after reading about the delay, LDLC has billed my Paypal account for the price of the Maxwells for Playstation that I ordered on the 23th of December as if they are going to send them anytime soon :thinking:

I'll keep you posted.
p.s. I'm not against delaying a product if it's less than ready and I appreciate Audeze's transparency about the entire process.

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #671 of 4,480
This is how it always works in consumer capitalist culture - over promise and under deliver. Most companies do this constantly
You weren't here for the Penrose launch I guess haha.

At least the firmware issues should be sorted out by time Microsoft approves the Maxwells. Should be smooth sailing after that I'd guess.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #673 of 4,480
I’m surprised they just won’t send it out and have people just download the firmware at home. That’s what most companies do if something needs fixing lol
Yeah I live close to Audeze and ordered mine from them. I'm happy to put in a shift for the community to update the software on them if I get to take mine home early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back