Audeze - Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v63 and HQ v107 beta on June/12/24)
Jan 11, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #452 of 4,477
@vsg28
I’m sorry that I was not fully understand how Audeze product reviewing process works. Thought there might be some pre-production devices for reviewing, which I’m totally wrong.

My apologies if you’re offended.

Wish your review goes smoothly when it starts.
Oh nothing to apologize for! I agree with Audeze here since the Maxwell is currently more in demand than supply, so it's a good idea to get them in the hands of the paying consumer. Reviews will come over time anyway.

Jan 11, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #453 of 4,477
Oh nothing to apologize for! I agree with Audeze here since the Maxwell is currently more in demand than supply, so it's a good idea to get them in the hands of the paying consumer. Reviews will come over time anyway.
At the same time it’s really good for paying customers to have some reviews to read up on before buying even if a lot is subjective. :)

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #455 of 4,477
At the same time it’s really good for paying customers to have some reviews to read up on before buying even if a lot is subjective. :)
Apparently a lot of paying customers don't care to have a review done before they buy based on the preorders outpacing demand.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #457 of 4,477
Apparently a lot of paying customers don't care to have a review done before they buy based on the preorders outpacing demand.
Well In Sweden we have like 30 days or so to send back an item we bought. So we can unpack, try it out and see if we like it or not. We also have that time to wait for any reviews that might pop up.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #458 of 4,477
I spoke to Andrew at Bloom Audio. They have Xbox stock coming in later this month that has not all been pre-ordered by customers yet. I just placed my order there. So if you want them in the US, go to Bloom Audio now while they still got some of the first XBOX production run reserved with their distributor.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #459 of 4,477

I take it you mean pre-orders outpacing supply, since pre-orders is a sign of the demand.

Either way, if Audeze misses the mark, we can just send it back. It can't be worse than all the problems the Penrose had. Not having simultaneous BT does suck, but a lot of us are confident Audeze will nail the sound in a stronger build, which is what's important.

Jan 11, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #460 of 4,477
Well In Sweden we have like 30 days or so to send back an item we bought. So we can unpack, try it out and see if we like it or not. We also have that time to wait for any reviews that might pop up.
The only problem is that if like for the penrose the thing gets out with some software/firmware issues, then you likely won't get the fixes within your try-and-buy period. Based on my experience with the penrose, i would probably wait 6 months at least before taking the plunge.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #463 of 4,477
I read this too late. I guess it'll be a surprise whether international retailers fulfill their xBox variant preorders or if we have to wait till March, unless there's an option to switch to the PS version. I only chose the xBox version because they claimed an earlier shipment date while the PS version batch was already listed with a later date. Anyway, I prefer a complete product over an early product.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #464 of 4,477
I read this too late. I guess it'll be a surprise whether international retailers fulfill their xBox variant preorders or if we have to wait till March, unless there's an option to switch to the PS version. I only chose the xBox version because they claimed an earlier shipment date while the PS version batch was already listed with a later date. Anyway, I prefer a complete product over an early product.
They will both send at the same time. It will depend on when you ordered it as to what batch your order would be in. Some are shipping in the next couple of weeks

Jan 12, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #465 of 4,477
I pre-ordered the PS one through Addicted to Audio in Australia, and they have advised me that the ETA is 15th of February. Either they are giving that date to be super safe, or there is some kind of delay for Australia. Kinda weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back