Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Aug 25, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #3,856 of 4,444
Would you guys recommend me the Maxwell coming from a broken (headband slightly cracked on left side) Mobius? Since mine is out of warrenty there's not much i can do and looking at the other options that are around i'm still thinking of going with Audeze again.

The only alternatives i could find were the VRZ model one, Nova Pro Wireless and Logitech G Pro X. The Mobius were the best music-listening device i've ever had so i don't want to downgrade.
i had a audeze lcd1 and got broken head band too, now i have a maxwell and i think the build material is good. Leather part may not stand for long but other part is tought and hard to be broken.
But for now, i dont recommend it because bad firmware and poor support, it 3 months now and no fix for the lastest firmware

Aug 25, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #3,857 of 4,444
i had a audeze lcd1 and got broken head band too, now i have a maxwell and i think the build material is good. Leather part may not stand for long but other part is tought and hard to be broken.
But for now, i dont recommend it because bad firmware and poor support, it 3 months now and no fix for the lastest firmware
I do not recommend it, the quality of the planars on this model are not strong enough, mine has a crackling sound and it is 2 months old, look on the forums several people have this problem and audeze passes it on the fault of the 'user...

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #3,858 of 4,444

You need to take care of your gear man and people will preach this until it happens to them.. LMAO!

Aug 25, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #3,859 of 4,444
You need to take care of your gear man and people will preach this until it happens to them.. LMAO!
Maybe! Or it could be the user. Or it could be unit variance. Or it could be just a matter of time. I for one have no issues.

From what you seem to be saying it’s just a matter of time. If you can predict things I have a few stock market questions, and am willing to split the profit with you!

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #3,860 of 4,444
Maybe! Or it could be the user. Or it could be unit variance. Or it could be just a matter of time. I for one have no issues.

From what you seem to be saying it’s just a matter of time. If you can predict things I have a few stock market questions, and am willing to split the profit with you!
You completely missed the point. But dont take it too seriously.

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #3,861 of 4,444
What do you mean audio comes out and then it dies ? if you go to the control panel screen for audio and keep it open. First plug in the dongle and see if the active device switches to Maxwell in the audio control panel. When it dies, do you see the audio device switch to a different device ?
I'll try to clarify a few situations :

1) If I'm listening from Chrome, example, using my P2 connection. Them plug the dongle first and turn Maxwell on. Maxwell becomes Green as the default comm but it doest not automatically switches to it. I usually goes to windows taskbar near computer clock and changes it over there.

But in this case, the sound usually does not work and keep coming out from P2. If I try going to control panel and click on "Test' for Maxwell Game, I receve the msg "The device is being use by another application...."
Sometimes, the sound "just pop up for 1 second" when Mawell connects to the dongle and them it dies. Them, the situation as I describe above.

2) For fixing this, I tried to turn off my Computer BT connection[maybe it stole the priority or something] but same result.

3) So, basically to use the dongle I do have to do this in this particular procedure :

Turn Maxwell on > Connect to bluetooth [ Them it becomes green for BT connection , but doest switch automatically ] > Connect Dongle [ I can hear the "Usb Dongle" from maxwell, it turns Green into Control Panel] > Them ok. So I always need to use the BT as a "bridge" to Dongle works.

Aug 25, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #3,862 of 4,444
You completely missed the point. But dont take it too seriously.
I apologize if I did. I took you saying “people will preach this until it happens to them.. LMAO!” as you being certain it was going to happen to those others as well. If I misread then I do apologize. Did I misread that?

Aug 25, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #3,863 of 4,444
I apologize if I did. I took you saying “people will preach this until it happens to them.. LMAO!” as you being certain it was going to happen to those others as well. If I misread then I do apologize. Did I misread that?

It was to poke fun of people that accuse other people of not taking care of their gear and they hard preach this until their own gear breaks down.

Aug 25, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #3,865 of 4,444
I have already contacted your support and it is very bad, except to tell me that you have to be careful when you put it on or remove it so as not to have an air intake, it's too easy to give answers like that to your customers...
Please check your private messages.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 25, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #3,866 of 4,444
Wow stellar review

Zeos is good review entertainment. That's about all the stock I put into him. He lost me when he didn't know to use aux out instead of headphone out on an amp. He also had no idea what the AI noise suppression was actually for. Then raving over features like chat mix that have been on headsets for years. He is a very good hype man but sometimes has no idea what he is reviewing.

Aug 25, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #3,867 of 4,444
People like him Z are needed in a field of people where most people think audio is down to graphs on a screen.

AI noise suppression misunderstandings are very common from what I see online. Some people think it's for incoming audio, others understand it's for suppressing audio from our end to others, etc.

No one should take one's views as the end all be all, so he's another good data point to have. Then compare to other's views, and weed out who aligns with your tastes more.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #3,868 of 4,444
People like him Z are needed in a field of people where most people think audio is down to graphs on a screen.

AI noise suppression misunderstandings are very common from what I see online. Some people think it's for incoming audio, others understand it's for suppressing audio from our end to others, etc.

No one should take one's views as the end all be all, so he's another good data point to have. Then compare to other's views, and weed out who aligns with your tastes more.
Fair point. However Audeze has been pointing to its guides over and over again in regards to various talking point about Maxwell functionality in this thread. Subjective taste is one thing. Reviewing a products documented features and having no idea what it actually does is another. I watch Zeos. He is funny. However, when you are out of bounds on as many things as he was throughout the video, the review does more harm than good for potential Maxwell buyers. With all respect to his platform and popularity, Its awesome just buy it is not a very good review.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #3,869 of 4,444
I'm REALLY tempted to try the Audeze Maxwell. But I am very concerned about one thing! It has to do with headbanging and the planar magnetic drivers. Someone told me if I headbang and move my head around a lot, that can damage the drivers in the headset! Is this true?! I like to listen to a lot of metal and can't help but wanna thrash sometimes when I hear a heavy guitar riff or double kick drums etc. Worried moving my head around a lot could damage the speakers, but I have no clue if this is true. Please someone who understands this, let me know if it is true or not. That'd suck if it is. I wouldn't want my headset dying in a year or two just because I like to express myself through music though lol

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #3,870 of 4,444
I'm REALLY tempted to try the Audeze Maxwell. But I am very concerned about one thing! It has to do with headbanging and the planar magnetic drivers. Someone told me if I headbang and move my head around a lot, that can damage the drivers in the headset! Is this true?! I like to listen to a lot of metal and can't help but wanna thrash sometimes when I hear a heavy guitar riff or double kick drums etc. Worried moving my head around a lot could damage the speakers, but I have no clue if this is true. Please someone who understands this, let me know if it is true or not. That'd suck if it is. I wouldn't want my headset dying in a year or two just because I like to express myself through music though lol

I dont headbang and I baby my headset, both my left and right diaphrams have wrinkles and the right cup crinkles when I talk, move my head, adjust the cup or walk.

I have not submitted a ticket yet as I feel that this will be a recurring theme + a quality control issue and may take a few months to fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back