Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Jun 18, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #3,556 of 4,444
I've just got mine and I was really happy with that, it was a nice upgrade from Penrose. But after upgrading the firmware from Headset and the Dongle, now i'm facing the problems connecting with Dongle. With bluetooth everything of just fine. But in dongle, now I can only change from "chat" , the gaming is not present to set. But it is connected when checking from device manager. Any thoughts?

Jun 19, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #3,557 of 4,444
This normal. You can use one as a communications device for chat and the other for game audio, then you can balance in headset how much you hear of each on the fly (chat mix)

I've just got mine and I was really happy with that, it was a nice upgrade from Penrose. But after upgrading the firmware from Headset and the Dongle, now i'm facing the problems connecting with Dongle. With bluetooth everything of just fine. But in dongle, now I can only change from "chat" , the gaming is not present to set. But it is connected when checking from device manager. Any thoughts?

Install the app and see the game/chat mix volume, you might have accidentally switch it to only chat.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #3,558 of 4,444
So I got mine a couple of days ago. I am experiencing an issue with the microphone, using Windows 10 and the dongle.

The microphone does not work, for it to work I need to go into 'Sounds' and choose to listen to this microphone.. then it activates and works as intended.

Anybody had this issue? How do I solve this?

Jun 21, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #3,561 of 4,444
Does anyone tried to fit WICKED CUSHIONS from Penrose into Maxwell? I saw they are a bit different shape and size, but it maybe fit. Not sure... WC doest not devlivery in my country it's hard to buy a new one.

Jun 21, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #3,563 of 4,444
My Maxwell just arrived and the first thing I noticed was this off center glue. I've not yet noticed any volume imbalance (knocks on wood). My pair came with the v1.0.1.35 firmware. I am not sure if its worth upgrading due to the stories I've read.

To my ears the sound quality difference coming from the Penrose X is massive!

I have a small complaint about the adjustable headband since the default middle wont fit my head, only 1 side can be adjusted if I adjust both sides I can no longer screw them in and my OCD is killing me.
OUCH, for such an expensive product the QUALITY control needs to be enhanced to a level fitting the price tag.

Jun 22, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #3,565 of 4,444
Guys I just got my Audeze Maxwell yesterday morning and while almost everything is really fine, the mic is not in my case.
It sounds dull, muzzled and low quality all in all.
I tried various stuff out like:
updating the sound driver on my mainboard / switching the usb port the dongle goes into
taking out the pop filter / twisting the mic / plugging it in and out
restarting the Maxwell and switching between the noise supression modes on the Maxwell itself
The firmware is .46 atm
I really love the cans in general, but the mic really is a bummer...if someone can give me advice, I would be more than happy.
Have a nice day and have fun with your Maxwells

Jun 22, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #3,566 of 4,444
Guys I just got my Audeze Maxwell yesterday morning and while almost everything is really fine, the mic is not in my case.
It sounds dull, muzzled and low quality all in all.
I tried various stuff out like:
updating the sound driver on my mainboard / switching the usb port the dongle goes into
taking out the pop filter / twisting the mic / plugging it in and out
restarting the Maxwell and switching between the noise supression modes on the Maxwell itself
The firmware is .46 atm
I really love the cans in general, but the mic really is a bummer...if someone can give me advice, I would be more than happy.
Have a nice day and have fun with your Maxwells
I just use mine to listen to music, but the one time I tried to make a phone call with the Maxwell I was told the call quality with the detachable mike was pretty bad and I could hardly be heard. When I tried with just the built in mikes I was told it was much better.

Jun 22, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #3,567 of 4,444
Talking about the mic, yesterday my friend asked if i had mouth ulcers 'cause I was talking a little bit awkward.

Also from both , internal and external mic, I fell like the sidetone capture and "shows" more than what it really goes to others. And there is a significant delay that Penrose dindn't have.

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #3,569 of 4,444
So my Maxwell's even after the latest firmware, never go to sleep if connected to my Android tablet. Is this expected? Will this be ever fixed? Anything I can do in the tablet size configuration to make it work?
Is this an advertised feature that does not work (hence a bug that needs to be “fixed”) or is this a new feature that you are asking for (hence an enhancement)?

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #3,570 of 4,444
Is this an advertised feature that does not work (hence a bug that needs to be “fixed”) or is this a new feature that you are asking for (hence an enhancement)?
Not sure, seems to me like it should go to sleep if no audio is detected for the amount set in the settings. But when connected to my Samsung Tablet it never seems to go to sleep, ever, unless it's disconnected, or I turn it off manually. If it's connected to my PC and the dongle only it does go to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back