Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 31, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #3,451 of 4,444
Generally leads to bloated bass & reduced treble. I don't want to alter the sound. Not everything can be fixed with EQ.

This is just speculation on my part though. I'd love to be wrong.
They went to Audeze HQ to have the sound tested. Pretty much identical with the stock pads.

xRiV899.png

May 31, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #3,454 of 4,444
Most likely. Xbox version is $30 more on top of that and people will only get it if they have both an Xbox and PlayStation. Otherwise having just a PlayStation and/or PC, the PS version would be all you need.
Is there any benefit to having the Dolby option for PC users? Like if I go off and get the Dolby license I can use that technology with the xbox headset, but won't be able to with the PS headset?

Is that correct? Cause if so I'll buy it now for the added $30 to have that option and get it sooner :smile_phones:.

May 31, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #3,456 of 4,444
Is there any benefit to having the Dolby option for PC users? Like if I go off and get the Dolby license I can use that technology with the xbox headset, but won't be able to with the PS headset?

Is that correct? Cause if so I'll buy it now for the added $30 to have that option and get it sooner :smile_phones:.
IMO it is worth it to buy, and it's actually cheaper it's just like $15, sometimes lower on sale.

May 31, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #3,457 of 4,444
A few things:

Maxwell headbands are welded (not glued). We take these issues very seriously. For anyone with this issue, please email us at support@audeze.com so we can help get this sorted out.

To curb assumptions, shipments may vary in number of units, it is not always equal between models. That's it.

@Guinibee if you have a Atmos license purchased separately, then yes that version of the license will work on anything. The Maxwell Xbox version has a license for us particularly with the Maxwell X alone.

I'm gonna go buy some WC pads for myself. :grimacing:

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #3,459 of 4,444
Am I supposed to watch a miniseries about these pads? I already said I'll believe it when I read it here.
And you will read about people who say they think it changes the sound profile, and others that say it's the same. It's all so very subjective, so pretty pointless to wait on other people's opinion. Just order from Amazon and return them if you think they don't sound good to you.

May 31, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #3,460 of 4,444
@Guinibee if you have a Atmos license purchased separately, then yes that version of the license will work on anything. The Maxwell Xbox version has a license for us particularly with the Maxwell X alone.
I get lost here with this...so if I get the xbox version, do I just get the license and can use Dolby on my PC or do I still need the license on the side? If I get the license for the extra $30, I think it's worth trying it out at least.

Note I don't have a license currently, I'm just trying to verify if the xbox version gets me the license.

May 31, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #3,461 of 4,444
I get lost here with this...so if I get the xbox version, do I just get the license and can use Dolby on my PC or do I still need the license on the side? If I get the license for the extra $30, I think it's worth trying it out at least.

Note I don't have a license currently, I'm just trying to verify if the xbox version gets me the license.

The license is specific to that Maxwell X unit alone. You can use it on Xbox and PC. It just means it's not shareable with other headphones. So, to make it as easy to understand as possible: If you have a Maxwell Xbox, you get the license but JUST for that Maxwell Xbox unit.

If you buy the license separately, anything that has the Dolby Access app will be available for ALL headphones.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,462 of 4,444
The license is specific to that Maxwell X unit alone. You can use it on Xbox and PC. It just means it's not shareable with other headphones. So, to make it as easy to understand as possible: If you have a Maxwell Xbox, you get the license but JUST for that Maxwell Xbox unit.

If you buy the license separately, anything that has the Dolby Access app will be available for ALL headphones.
Ok awesome that clears it up well! Thank you! I would only plan to use Dolby with this headset anyway, so this seems like a cool deal to me.

One other question, the PS version has a USB-C dongle, does the Xbox one use a standard USB dongle? I don't notice the USB-C anywhere on the Xbox version listings.

May 31, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #3,463 of 4,444
Am I supposed to watch a miniseries about these pads? I already said I'll believe it when I read it here.

From WC site:

365 DAYS TO FALL IN LOVE
We don't shy away from responsibility.
When we say our ear pads are better, we mean it.
If you are not completely in love with your new Wicked Cushions, we will refund your money no questions asked.
This is how confident we are that you will never go stock again.

Meaning, you can buy them, try them for 365 days and return them at any point during that time if you dont like them. Pretty good deal if u ask me. :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #3,464 of 4,444
Ok awesome that clears it up well! Thank you! I would only plan to use Dolby with this headset anyway, so this seems like a cool deal to me.

One other question, the PS version has a USB-C dongle, does the Xbox one use a standard USB dongle? I don't notice the USB-C anywhere on the Xbox version listings.
All dongles are USB-C. There's a USB-C to USB-A adapter cable included.

I personally recommend using the cable even on PS version when possible anyways, as it can keep the dongle from getting jostled and broken by pets, children, etc.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #3,465 of 4,444
I have a question regarding the BETA HQ for PC. Why cant I change my EQ settings while using the dongle? Only wired works. I mean it works via bluetooth wireless from my phone. So why not via the PC HQ app? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back