Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 26, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #3,409 of 4,444
So I have a couple of more questions.

1. The Audeze preset, is that a flat EQ curve? Like would it be exactly the same as an untouched "preset 1"? I wish we could see what the presets actually changes in the EQ. I'm using another EQ software and since I have to choose a preset in Audeze HQ, I wonder which one would be the best (keep in mind that "preset 1" would have that BT bug that makes the sound choppy on the phone.

2. Is there a way to keep the BT connection to the headset so that I can use the android app to control the settings BUT without actually having the sound going to the headset? I wanna use the app for control, but I don't want all my phone sounds go to the headset because Im not wearing it all the time. :p

May 26, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #3,410 of 4,444
Dear @Audeze

I'm writing here, since it seems emails to your support team get lost in some fathomless void where dreams and your pre-orders are stockpiled and forgotten. It's been a week since your team sent me the response I've attached and also a week since I responded, quite patiently, asking you to please update me if you would not actually send the replacement headset out within 7 days.
Please let me know: what does "next week" mean to you? I've heard it several times from you over the last month, and I was raised and taught to understand a week is 7 days. Is this the same for you? If not, please let me know what calendar you purchase, what time zone you're in because I would like to live there. It might be fun to live in a world and embrace a mindset where it's ok to ignore the concerns of customers, people who have given you over $300 with the belief that you will give them a properly functioning product and help them with their issues within a 1-year warranty. Actually, that may be the problem: what does a year mean to you? Is it less than 1 @Audeze week?
I pre-ordered my Maxwells in the middle January of this year. I got them in the middle of March. I had a fully functioning pair for a (real person's) week and a half before I had issues and was told by you they were fine; I just didn't understand how Planar Magnetic Drivers worked. You accepted my RMA towards the end of April, after I recorded my issues and you found them to be valid. It's now almost June.
How do you think you're doing? Honestly? Because I don't know whether to scream, cry, or laugh.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 10.04.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 10.04.54 AM.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #3,411 of 4,444
Dear @Audeze

I'm writing here, since it seems emails to your support team get lost in some fathomless void where dreams and your pre-orders are stockpiled and forgotten. It's been a week since your team sent me the response I've attached and also a week since I responded, quite patiently, asking you to please update me if you would not actually send the replacement headset out within 7 days.
Please let me know: what does "next week" mean to you? I've heard it several times from you over the last month, and I was raised and taught to understand a week is 7 days. Is this the same for you? If not, please let me know what calendar you purchase, what time zone you're in because I would like to live there. It might be fun to live in a world and embrace a mindset where it's ok to ignore the concerns of customers, people who have given you over $300 with the belief that you will give them a properly functioning product and help them with their issues within a 1-year warranty. Actually, that may be the problem: what does a year mean to you? Is it less than 1 @Audeze week?
I pre-ordered my Maxwells in the middle January of this year. I got them in the middle of March. I had a fully functioning pair for a (real person's) week and a half before I had issues and was told by you they were fine; I just didn't understand how Planar Magnetic Drivers worked. You accepted my RMA towards the end of April, after I recorded my issues and you found them to be valid. It's now almost June.
How do you think you're doing? Honestly? Because I don't know whether to scream, cry, or laugh?
For what it is worth, I suspect that most of us on Head-fi don’t want to get involved or witness individual exchanges between customers and manufacturers / vendors. I personally view it as spamming the majority of us. No doubt there is sympathy for individuals, but these forums are for the general community to benefit from. If an individual’s situation has a bearing on the wider community that is one thing, but to use Head-Fi, as you readily admitted in your posting, as an avenue for personal communication, probably goes too far. There may or may not be any rule against it, but it is “bad form”.

May 26, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #3,412 of 4,444
Dear @Audeze

How do you think you're doing? Honestly? Because I don't know whether to scream, cry, or laugh?
In their defense, he does say "I believe" which isn't a definitive "It will" be next week. However, as frustrating as it is because I'm in a similar boat as you, I believe at this point, it will most likely be among the June shipments as per what their website currently says of when the next official shipments should go out.

May 26, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #3,413 of 4,444
For what it is worth, I suspect that most of us on Head-fi don’t want to get involved or witness individual exchanges between customers and manufacturers / vendors. I personally view it as spamming the majority of us. No doubt there is sympathy for individuals, but these forums are for the general community to benefit from. If an individual’s situation has a bearing on the wider community that is one thing, but to use Head-Fi, as you readily admitted in your posting, as an avenue for personal communication, probably goes too far. There may or may not be any rule against it, but it is “bad form”.
I understand and appreciate your reply. I normally wouldn't post things like this and absolutely won't, moving forward. It's just that this is the only place @Audeze has responded to me promptly, and from what I have come to understand, this is a larger issue with Audeze's customer for support for Maxwell, Penrose and Mobius products. I will not do it again. Thank you and sorry for spamming.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #3,414 of 4,444
So I have a couple of more questions.

1. The Audeze preset, is that a flat EQ curve? Like would it be exactly the same as an untouched "preset 1"? I wish we could see what the presets actually changes in the EQ. I'm using another EQ software and since I have to choose a preset in Audeze HQ, I wonder which one would be the best (keep in mind that "preset 1" would have that BT bug that makes the sound choppy on the phone.

2. Is there a way to keep the BT connection to the headset so that I can use the android app to control the settings BUT without actually having the sound going to the headset? I wanna use the app for control, but I don't want all my phone sounds go to the headset because Im not wearing it all the time. :p
The custom EQs untouched area actually the “bass boost”. There were graphs somewhere that compared the different EQs but I agree it would be nice to be able to see the EQs and make informed tweaks.

May 26, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #3,415 of 4,444
I think Im having a weird issue with the android app and wifi.

I have a few devices at home that I control with my phone. A lamp, air purifier etc. And everything has been working fine for months. But the same day I install the Audeze app, things started to be wonky with the wifi in my phone.

It says like "no data connection" or whatever. Meaning wifi is broken. I cant even connect it to my PC hotspot wifi. My other devices cant connect either. And when I uninstall the Audeze app, it seems to be working fine again. And when I installed it again, same issue appears again.

May 26, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #3,416 of 4,444
I think Im having a weird issue with the android app and wifi.

I have a few devices at home that I control with my phone. A lamp, air purifier etc. And everything has been working fine for months. But the same day I install the Audeze app, things started to be wonky with the wifi in my phone.

It says like "no data connection" or whatever. Meaning wifi is broken. I cant even connect it to my PC hotspot wifi. My other devices cant connect either. And when I uninstall the Audeze app, it seems to be working fine again. And when I installed it again, same issue appears again.
this is weird. Please contact support and we can look into it. The App uses BLE to connect and pretty much doesn't do anything with Wifi.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 26, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #3,417 of 4,444
this is weird. Please contact support and we can look into it. The App uses BLE to connect and pretty much doesn't do anything with Wifi.

Yea I know, I cant explain it. So app is uninstalled now, router reset and my wifi works again and I can connect the two other apps to my two other devices and everything works fine.. I will leave it like this for the weekend and see if any issue arises again or not.

If not, then I will install the Audeze app again and see if I still get the issue again. But at this point, Im fairly sure its the audeze app causing trouble.

Edit: I contacted support, hope they have some insight.

"Hi

I finally got my Maxwell headphones (yay)!

Im having some troubles tho. For the last few months everything has been fine. I have an updated Oneplus 9 Pro 128GB phone with an ASUS GT-AX6000 router at home. Im using the WIFI with the router and I have two other devices using this wifi. A RGB lamp and an Air purifier. Everything has been working good for the last few months. No issues.

The same day I got my Maxwell I installed the HQ app on my phone via google play. And minutes/hours later I started having issues with my WIFI. I know its a BT headset but some how I think this app is causing issues.

My WIFI on my phone disconnects saying "No data connection" Or "No internet". I cant connect with my two other apps to my Lamp or Air purifier. Because They cant connect to my WIFI. I still see the devices in my router settings.

If I uninstall the Audeze HQ app, everything works fine again. I tried back and forward a few times. Resetting router and phone network settings and app settings. I end up with the same result.

For now I deleted the app, reset the router and wifi is working fine again. I will not install the Audeze app for now and I will see if I still have the issue. But at this point, Im pretty sure the Audeze HQ is the issue.

I just don't understand how. :p
My phone is using latest OxygenOS 13.00 official version (Oneplus 9 Pro, Modell LE2123)."

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #3,418 of 4,444
@Audeze many of us need to use our custom EQ together with LDAC, will it be fixed with the next update?
I am one of the lucky ones that I have been enjoying for months in Europe (Spain) and it is important to solve this problem that did not occur in previous versions of the firmware.
I would appreciate some information about it.
Thank you.

May 29, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #3,419 of 4,444
I was ready to pull the trigger on the PS5 version,however it went out of stock. The Xbox version is available. I play on the following platforms

PC >>> PS5 >> Xbox > Switch

Would buying the Xbox version be silly? Seems the only complaint is potentially the noise floor however, lots of people also say that the headset gets more than loud enough.

Thoughts?
Cheers

May 29, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #3,420 of 4,444
I was ready to pull the trigger on the PS5 version,however it went out of stock. The Xbox version is available. I play on the following platforms

PC >>> PS5 >> Xbox > Switch

Would buying the Xbox version be silly? Seems the only complaint is potentially the noise floor however, lots of people also say that the headset gets more than loud enough.

Thoughts?
Cheers

Buying the Xbox version allows you to use the headset on the PS5 too, however, the PS5 version is not usable on thr xbox due to license limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back