Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 18, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,381 of 4,444
Hi Everyone,

Maxwell EQ adjustment reference is available now at GitHub Project: AutoEQ.

By referencing to Fixed Band EQs Section and with modifications (rounding) to fit Audeze HQ EQ format,
  • 32 Hz : 3 db
  • 64 Hz : -2 db
  • 125 Hz : 0 db
  • 250 Hz : -1 db
  • 500 Hz : -1 db
  • 1 kHz : 1 db
  • 2 kHz : -2 db
  • 4 kHz : 1 db
  • 8 kHz : 3 db
  • 16 kHz : -2 db
It’s used as a reference, and I’ve made some tweaks for my personal tastes. You may want to have your own adjustments, too!

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #3,382 of 4,444
Are the issues with updating widespread, or is it safe to update? I'm so in love with my pair right now, I don't want to mess anything up lol

May 18, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #3,383 of 4,444
Are the issues with updating widespread, or is it safe to update? I'm so in love with my pair right now, I don't want to mess anything up lol
I updated last night and zero hiccups. Not sure what the issues are. I think if it was a serious mess we'd see a lot more posting. It's smooth.

May 18, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #3,384 of 4,444

Went smoothly for me

May 19, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #3,386 of 4,444
@Mad Lust Envy Do you know if Audeze is working on the bug where Maxwell volume rocker doesn't control the USB volume on a docked Nintendo Switch? Looking online it seems to be a common problem, and I've updated both dongle and headset to latest firmware. It's not high priority since we can control it on the home screen, but just curious why it doesn't work.

May 19, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #3,387 of 4,444
If you have any issues, just contact us at support@audeze.com. Maxwell hasn't been out long enough where you have to worry about out of warranty claims.

Channel imbalances, anything physical, etc, etc, are all something to contact us directly. Contact support@audeze.com

We're currently in a very busy period, answering in the order received when we're able. I'm in there myself trying to answer as many things as possible. It takes time. Please allow us 1-2 business days for replies on a NORMAL period. Right now, is anything but normal. So please allow us some time to get to all these queries. We're not bots, and we're not a big company like Amazon. We are truly trying to get to you all, and apologize for the delays. Again, contact us there for issues, not the forums.

As for shipping, we're processing our current shipment of Maxwells. We're talking thousands of orders which is a lot for a small company. We will eventually get through all our orders, once we are able.
I feel like I've been patient, and I understand you're a small company, but it's now been 3 weeks, since I've heard from Audeze support about my replacement for my initial faulty headset. My faulty pair got to you nearly 3 weeks ago; I had not heard from you for 2 weeks, so I wrote to you this past Monday. So far, nothing. Regardless of how busy you are, you should not be directing customers who have paid for a product, to write your support team, only to have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for a response, not even the replacement.
I've read about customer service issues with Audeze and the Penrose. I had hoped you learned from past mistakes, but this seems far from the case. Being a small company is not an excuse for letting demand far exceed your supply and straining your resources so much that you cannot write a simple email to answer your consumers' issues. You have received, and it seems like you've recognized you have a particular reputation when it comes to creating a quality, "audiophile" product. It doesn't feel like you're acting in a way that deserves that reputation, though.
I work in television production, and if my production works with a vendor who performs this way, I cut the cord. Sadly, I cannot do this, since you have taken my money, and your initial reponse via support regarding my issue, kept me from returning these in the initial 30 of purchase for a refund. Your support team basically told me I wasn't familiar with planar magnetic drivers and the issues I was having would sort themselves out. I trusted you and waited. The issues got worse. Your support team told me to send in the headset and that I would receive a replacement shortly after. I trusted you and waited. My wait got longer and worse. Your team needs to do better, deliver better timelines to your customers through every step (ie. release dates, shipment periods, RMA's, etc). I know it may take a moment for you and your team to actually ship an item, but it should not take AS long for your team to email your customers.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #3,388 of 4,444
I feel like I've been patient, and I understand you're a small company, but it's now been 3 weeks, since I've heard from Audeze support about my replacement for my initial faulty headset. My faulty pair got to you nearly 3 weeks ago; I had not heard from you for 2 weeks, so I wrote to you this past Monday. So far, nothing. Regardless of how busy you are, you should not be directing customers who have paid for a product, to write your support team, only to have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for a response, not even the replacement.
I've read about customer services issues about Audeze with Penrose. I had hoped you learned from past mistakes, but this seems far from the case. Being a small company is not an excuse for letting demand far exceed your supply and straining your resources so much that you cannot write a simple email to answer your consumers' issues. You have a received, and it seems like you've recognized you have a particular reputation when it comes to creating a quality, "audiophile" product. It doesn't feel like you're acting in a way that deserves that reputation, though.
I work in television production, and if my production works with a vendor who performs this way, I cut the cord. Sadly, I cannot do this, since you have taken my money, and your initial reponse via support regarding my issue, kept me from returning these in the initial 30 of purchase for a refund. Your support team basically told me I wasn't familiar with planar magnetic drivers and the issues I was having would sort themselves out. I trusted you and waited. The issues got worse. Your support team told me to send in the headset and that I would receive a replacement shortly after. I trusted you and waited. My wait got longer and worse. Your team needs to do better, deliver better timelines to your customers through every step (ie. release dates, shipment periods, RMA's, etc). I know it may take a moment for you and your team to actually ship an item, but it should not take AS long for your team to email your customers.
I wish you luck. I was also told my replacement would be sent to me "shortly". Shortly turned into weeks. I was then again told it would ship shortly. That again turned into another couple weeks. I was in the RMA process for a little over a month after they received my faulty unit. I now have to RMA the replacement. I anticipate now that they have said they are in a busy period that it will be even longer this time around. People complaining about a long waits for pre-orders is one thing. Never pre-order anything. It gives companies way too much leeway on releasing unfinished and unpolished products. Customers that have bought an in stock product at the time waiting this long for customer service and RMA replacements is not great.

May 19, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #3,389 of 4,444
I wish you luck. I was also told my replacement would be sent to me "shortly". Shortly turned into weeks. I was then again told it would ship shortly. That again turned into another couple weeks. I was in the RMA process for a little over a month after they received my faulty unit. I now have to RMA the replacement. I anticipate now that they have said they are in a busy period that it will be even longer this time around. People complaining about a long waits for pre-orders is one thing. Never pre-order anything. It gives companies way too much leeway on releasing unfinished and unpolished products. Customers that have bought an in stock product at the time waiting this long for customer service and RMA replacements is not great.
Agree 1000%, and I'm so sorry you've had to go through this twice now. I wish you luck too, along with anyone else who has had to deal with this.
This all seems so poorly managed. I don't mind the tech issues, especially with a new product, but the sub-par customer service and utter lack of transparency is unacceptable. This is my first experience with Audeze, and based on this, it's most likely my last. I was going to recommend we use their headsets in my A/V and Post-Prod departments, but @Audeze is proving they aren't even close to reliable enough for our needs; very glad I experienced this before I did.
Based on the fact that you're on your 2nd RMA, I don't have much faith in what I'll be getting, whenever I get them. Given that I just personally use headsets for gaming, I think I'll just buy the Stealth Pro's and figure out how to deal with my replacement Maxwell's when/if Audeze gets their stuff together. Oh well.

May 19, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3,390 of 4,444
@Mad Lust Envy Do you know if Audeze is working on the bug where Maxwell volume rocker doesn't control the USB volume on a docked Nintendo Switch? Looking online it seems to be a common problem, and I've updated both dongle and headset to latest firmware. It's not high priority since we can control it on the home screen, but just curious why it doesn't work.
Speaking for myself here, as far as I remember, this is not a bug.

Maxwell doesn't control system volume even on PS5. This is likely a permissions limitation where the usb doesn't have access to those controls.
You'll have to max out the volume on Switch, and control with Maxwell headset control.

System volume control will work on Xbox and PC though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back