Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 17, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #3,361 of 4,444
In short, with version V.38, LDAC with custom EQ worked perfectly and now with V.45 the audio stutters as the update message says... a degradation in my case and personal use.
I hope it gets fixed soon because the quality of using SBC to LDAC is like night and day. And of course I want to use my specific EQ.

May 17, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #3,362 of 4,444
No matter what I try (tried every single port and adapter on my PC, the update to the Dongle always fails. Audeze HQ reports that it's on the latest version and it works though...
Yeah, it may be the reporting bug we had before. If it still shows up as v46, the update did go through, but the updater is just throwing up an error message. I'll pass this on to the software engineers.

May 17, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #3,363 of 4,444
Yes, the headset must be updated directly.

Essentially, connect the dongle first (NOT the headset), while the headset is on and paired. This allows you to update the dongle. THEN, disconnect the dongle, and connect the headset (while it is on) through USB cable. That's the surefire way to update the two properly.
I really think a Video would be helpful here.

May 17, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #3,364 of 4,444
May 17, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #3,365 of 4,444
I'm curious if anyone have tried messing around with simultaneous audio? On the Audeze sit it says it supports USB wired + BT and Aux + BT do have simultaneous playback. I have tried the Usc wired + BT and it worked great, but when I try using the 3.5mm it seems like the BT part shut off completely. Anyone else have this problem?

May 17, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #3,366 of 4,444
The more I listen to my set with imbalance the more confused I get. Yes there is definitely channel imbalance. Swapping to my LCD2Cs there is a definite way more solid center image. Some aspects of the center image on the Maxwell are centered. Its like some frequencies slide left. Some kick drum hits are more centered then slide off left with more boom. Man can you tell with drum tacks that something is just not right. Comparing against the LCD2C, drum placement definitely has a left lean with kicks and lower frequencies sliding even more left. Its very weird. I am glad I have a good reference.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #3,367 of 4,444
I'm curious if anyone have tried messing around with simultaneous audio? On the Audeze sit it says it supports USB wired + BT and Aux + BT do have simultaneous playback. I have tried the Usc wired + BT and it worked great, but when I try using the 3.5mm it seems like the BT part shut off completely. Anyone else have this problem?
Posted today with the patch notes:

KNOWN ISSUES

- During simultaneous AUX + Bluetooth mode, incoming calls will mute Bluetooth audio, which requires re-establishing the Bluetooth connection/power cycling the headset.

It can be that it's more than just incoming calls that is causing problems, but the end result remains the same, BT audio stops working. Likely anything that triggers the communications part of BT audio will trigger the dropped audio. Calls were mentioned because that's easiest to understand.

In any case we are aware of this and are investigating at this time.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #3,369 of 4,444
So you're on v38 on the headset, and v46 on the dongle?

In any case, contact support@audeze.com for direct assistance.

May 18, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #3,375 of 4,444
100% volume in USB dongle mode is 70% that in type-c mode
Ah. I see. I can confirm. While plugged into USB I only have to turn the volume up to 28 in windows to get a comfortable listening level. While using the USB dongle, I need to set it at 38 to 42. For me there is plenty of headroom in both instances so I never gave it a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back