Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
May 9, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #3,256 of 4,444
May 9, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #3,258 of 4,444
If you have no immediate issues with your use case, sure just hold off.

May 9, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #3,260 of 4,444
Is anyone else having issues with the media controls?
I'm using windows 11.
The play/pause works for 5 seconds when they first turn on. Mostly I can only get them to play then none of the media controls work again.
This is all on spotify, the only thing i use my media controls for.

Volume control on the headset is unaffected
My keyboard shortcuts that I usually use are also unaffected

May 9, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #3,261 of 4,444
Has there been any third party ear pads replacements yet? The weather is getting warmer here and the leather pads are starting to make the headset too hot. The weight doesn't help as well so trying to mitigate the issue as much as possible. Have any gel or mesh earpad replacements come out?

May 10, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #3,262 of 4,444
May 10, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #3,263 of 4,444
Has there been any third party ear pads replacements yet? The weather is getting warmer here and the leather pads are starting to make the headset too hot. The weight doesn't help as well so trying to mitigate the issue as much as possible. Have any gel or mesh earpad replacements come out?

As krejzi posted, we've partnered with Wicked Cushions for alternative ear pads for the Maxwell. Their release should be very soon, so I would keep an eye on their website.

Believe me, I want some myself, as a resident Floridarican. :wink:

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #3,265 of 4,444
Received my Maxwell, one word: Wow! I'm not a audiophile by any means, yesterday immediately tested it for Warzone. The Maxwell is really significantly better than my previous headset (the Sennheiser Game Zero). Difference is night and day. With my Sennheiser all sound was very sharp and kill which hurt my ears (don't know how to explain sound). For example, when you jumped out of the plane, I always turned off the sound because it was too loud. Even if I wanted to turn the sound up a bit so that I could hear footsteps better, the sound of gunshots hurt my ears. With the Maxwell I don't have any of this! I can't explain how it feels, but it's a full and deep sound that feels really fun, pleasant, enjoyable. The sound when I jump out of the plane doesn't have to be turned off anymore and I can hear the footsteps very well where they come from. So for Warzone the Maxwell is really great!!

May 11, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #3,266 of 4,444
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Audeze Maxwell headphones and i'm trying to figure out why the mic on discord sounds so bad.
I have been trying to configure the audio settings on my computer. However, I have encountered an issue where I cannot seem to set the audio input channel to 24 bit. Output is working on 24 bit 96000 hz.

I have tried accessing the audio settings through the Control Panel and Device Manager, but the option to change the audio channel to 24 bit is greyed out and unavailable.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to resolve this issue. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with the Audeze Maxwell headphones?

May 11, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #3,267 of 4,444
The audio input is the microphone. This nis NOT a problem. It was never meant to support 24bit. It's mono 16bit.

The output (as in the audio YOU hear) can be set to 24bit in sound control panel through usb/dongle connections.

Personally, I've never had anything but problems with stereo microphones as they cause your recordings to bounce around between channels.

Mono is the way for microphones, unless you have a specific need to move your voice around.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #3,268 of 4,444
Another week, and still nothing...Longest wait by far of any item I've pre-ordered in my life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The dealers in my country seem to have no idea either as to when it will be in stock, Hifiklubben says 17th Aug and Komplett says 15 June...

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #3,269 of 4,444
Another week, and still nothing...Longest wait by far of any item I've pre-ordered in my life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The dealers in my country seem to have no idea either as to when it will be in stock, Hifiklubben says 17th Aug and Komplett says 15 June...

Well that's disappointing (again). I have my order at hifiklubben. :frowning2:
They keep pushing the date back over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back