Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #3,196 of 4,444
Has anyone else found that the voice prompt for the controls sometimes don't work. Just turned my xbox on and i'm connected to it. Sound is working fine. If I double press the volume wheel to access the EQ settings and change the preset, i'm getting no voice prompts so have no idea what is being selected?! Is this normal?

EDIT: I'm actually not even getting voice prompts when I turn the headsets on or off.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #3,197 of 4,444
Has anyone else found that the voice prompt for the controls sometimes don't work. Just turned my xbox on and i'm connected to it. Sound is working fine. If I double press the volume wheel to access the EQ settings and change the preset, i'm getting no voice prompts so have no idea what is being selected?! Is this normal?
Connect to the Audeze HQ and make sure voice prompt level is not set to Zero.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 28, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #3,198 of 4,444
Just wondering if you had sorted this or not?
I had the same issue yesterday and it took me a little while to realise that the chat mixer was cycled all the way to "chat" so no game (xbox) sound was coming through. Might be worth checking.
You’re a legend! This worked. I was hoping I’d missed something obvious. Not sure why it defaulted to full chat but either way I’m a happy boy so thank you for the advice.

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #3,199 of 4,444
At this point in time we are focused on other aspects of the firmware. Sidetone being coupled with the mute button is not a priority for us, and while we have taken this suggestion under consideration, we cannot promise this will be applied. For every person that wants to pair sidetone with mute, there are those that want them separate (Like those who like to use it as an ambient mode, where tying it with mute, would not allow them to use it in this manner without their voice being heard). So while we understand the desire to have them connected, at this point in time, they will remain separate.
Hi @Mad Lust Envy and @Audeze,

I've made some Sidetone and Mute Button behavior suggestion about a month or two ago. I would like to express my thoughts again.
  1. Whenever Mute Button is switching to MUTE, Sidetone turns OFF.
  2. Whenever Mute Button is switching to UNMUTE, Sidetone turns ON. [Optional]
  3. Sidetone can always be turned ON or OFF by using Mic Volume Wheel combination. [Original behavior]
  4. When headset powering on, check the Mute Button state and apply behavior described in Step. 1 and Step. 2.
For short, Mute Button can change Sidetone state, but Sidetone can still work seperately.

Just a suggestion, your decision is fully respected! :relaxed:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #3,200 of 4,444
FWIW Initially I found my Maxwell had that crackly static noise when sidetone was on. My Penrose had much worse "wooshing" static noise so maybe that dampened my expectations but on the Maxwell its very quiet. But right now I don't hear it anymore. Maybe the firmware updates have fixed it, so try that out first?

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #3,201 of 4,444
Hi @Mad Lust Envy and @Audeze,

I've made some Sidetone and Mute Button behavior suggestion about a month or two ago. I would like to express my thoughts again.
  1. Whenever Mute Button is switching to MUTE, Sidetone turns OFF.
  2. Whenever Mute Button is switching to UNMUTE, Sidetone turns ON. [Optional]
  3. Sidetone can always be turned ON or OFF by using Mic Volume Wheel combination. [Original behavior]
  4. When headset powering on, check the Mute Button state and apply behavior described in Step. 1 and Step. 2.
For short, Mute Button can change Sidetone state, but Sidetone can still work seperately.

Just a suggestion, your decision is fully respected! :relaxed:
Thank you for this suggestion. We will look into it.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 29, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #3,203 of 4,444
firmware upgrading?
Doing mine in the morning and wanted to make sure how. First do I just plug dongle into PC and upgrade that before I even turn headset on?
I had dongle connected with headset powered on and upgraded the dongle. Then I disconnected the dongle and connected the headset with USB cable and upgraded the headsets firmware.

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #3,204 of 4,444
Just got my maxwell and so far the sound quality for music listening is pretty good. However, I noticed the pad don't seal well when I have my glasses on, which kills most of the bass. Don't have the same issue with my other LCDs, maybe it can be fixed with a softer pad or tighter clamp-force? Anyone got the same problem?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #3,205 of 4,444
Connect to the Audeze HQ and make sure voice prompt level is not set to Zero.
Ah that resolved it! no idea why it was turned down as I didn't (knowingly) touch that setting. May have done it by accident. Thanks!
You’re a legend! This worked. I was hoping I’d missed something obvious. Not sure why it defaulted to full chat but either way I’m a happy boy so thank you for the advice.
No worries! Glad it's resolved for you :)

May 1, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #3,207 of 4,444
How do the Maxwell prioritize sound input between dongle and BT? I read a review where it says BT is prioritized so if listening through the dongle and then some audio starts playing through BT, it will switch to BT. But mine do not do that, and I'm glad, but the manual only really talks about priority when using either of the wired connection methods. So what is the wireless audio priority supposed to be?

May 1, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #3,208 of 4,444
How do the Maxwell prioritize sound input between dongle and BT? I read a review where it says BT is prioritized so if listening through the dongle and then some audio starts playing through BT, it will switch to BT. But mine do not do that, and I'm glad, but the manual only really talks about priority when using either of the wired connection methods. So what is the wireless audio priority supposed to be?

That's the dongle behavior on PC in my experience, Bluetooth will take over from the dongle if there's audio from the Bluetooth source. I believe the behavior is different when using the dongle in a console mode, but I really haven't test it.

May 1, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #3,209 of 4,444
That's the dongle behavior on PC in my experience, Bluetooth will take over from the dongle if there's audio from the Bluetooth source. I believe the behavior is different when using the dongle in a console mode, but I really haven't test it.
ahhh ok that makes perfect sense. I'm using them with my xbox. I prefer they not switch to BT automatically if something starts playing on my phone so that is perfect. I do wish there was a way to switch them to BT though manually when connected to the dongle.

May 1, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #3,210 of 4,444
@Audeze I ordered in March and it's now May - I still don't have any shipping notification. When will they be shipped out? should I just cancel my order at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back