Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 17, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #3,016 of 4,444
I am having problems with my Audeze Maxwell voice cues, they seemed to stop saying Power on/power off or even toggling between presets no audio also. I have the PS version and I have reinstalled the firmware and reupdated the headset and dongle. Is anyone having similar issues? I use it for PC only, I am in contact with Christian @ Audeze customer support and still waiting for a reply back! Other than that the device does work but I just would like to hear the voice commands!

Apr 18, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #3,018 of 4,444
Hi, I couldn't find a comparison of these Maxwell to the Drop Pandas in audio quality. Anyone saw something about that ?

I haven't compared them side-by-side, but I have owned the Pandas in the past and I'm pretty comfortable saying that the Maxwells are better in probably every aspect of sound quality. More balanced, more resolving, better imaging.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #3,019 of 4,444
I haven't compared them side-by-side, but I have owned the Pandas in the past and I'm pretty comfortable saying that the Maxwells are better in probably every aspect of sound quality. More balanced, more resolving, better imaging.
Thanks! I am treble sensitive and like a have a bit more bass. do you have an opinion on these two aspects ?

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #3,020 of 4,444
Thanks! I am treble sensitive and like a have a bit more bass. do you have an opinion on these two aspects ?

I remember the Pandas being pretty dark sounding headphones with subdued treble on their default setting. The Maxwell do have more treble presence than that, but it is not artificially boosted with the default Audeze preset, and of course you can tweak the EQ to take the treble down even more. The Maxwells definitely aren't a bass-heavy headphone, but it's present and again you can EQ to bring it up or use the bass boost preset (though this is still a fairly tasteful amount of bass, not over the top). Not a headphone for someone who likes really heavy, impactful bass though.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #3,021 of 4,444
I remember the Pandas being pretty dark sounding headphones with subdued treble on their default setting. The Maxwell do have more treble presence than that, but it is not artificially boosted with the default Audeze preset, and of course you can tweak the EQ to take the treble down even more. The Maxwells definitely aren't a bass-heavy headphone, but it's present and again you can EQ to bring it up or use the bass boost preset (though this is still a fairly tasteful amount of bass, not over the top). Not a headphone for someone who likes really heavy, impactful bass though.

thanks a lot! you told me everything I wanted to know :) tasteful bass is great.
indeed, EQ is always an option, but I prefer to keep it light because if I need to use it too much, it means I should just get another headphones entirely.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #3,022 of 4,444
I am having problems with my Audeze Maxwell voice cues, they seemed to stop saying Power on/power off or even toggling between presets no audio also. I have the PS version and I have reinstalled the firmware and reupdated the headset and dongle. Is anyone having similar issues? I use it for PC only, I am in contact with Christian @ Audeze customer support and still waiting for a reply back! Other than that the device does work but I just would like to hear the voice commands!
Have you checked the voice cue levels in Audeze HQ ? if it is set to zero, you will not hear any cues.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 19, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #3,024 of 4,444
This forum is awesome! I'm loving the communication between audeze and customers. Since some of us got lucky and had the headset for over a month can you guys share your eq settings? I know it comes down to preference, but I would like to try some of your settings. I have tried the immersive setting and while it does sound amazing, I feel like explosions sound a low/dull while playing story base games. I found this eq setting either on this forum or reddit: 32hz +6db 64hz +6db 125hz +4db 4khz +2db 8khz +3db 16khz +4db. The rest of the settings are at 0. On that setting explosions are louder, but the voices of characters seem too low in cutscenes. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Apr 19, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #3,025 of 4,444
This forum is awesome! I'm loving the communication between audeze and customers. Since some of us got lucky and had the headset for over a month can you guys share your eq settings? I know it comes down to preference, but I would like to try some of your settings. I have tried the immersive setting and while it does sound amazing, I feel like explosions sound a low/dull while playing story base games. I found this eq setting either on this forum or reddit: 32hz +6db 64hz +6db 125hz +4db 4khz +2db 8khz +3db 16khz +4db. The rest of the settings are at 0. On that setting explosions are louder, but the voices of characters seem too low in cutscenes. Do you guys have any suggestions?
You wearing spectacles?

Apr 19, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #3,027 of 4,444
I wonder when the Rtings review will be out for non-premium members. It's already been 8 days... 🤔

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #3,030 of 4,444
have any xbox versions shipped to anybody besides actual Audeze customers who ordered after a lot of us pre-ordered from retailers and e-tailers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back