Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 23, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #2,731 of 4,444
Just loaded up the android app. The no flat preset is interesting with having custom eq. You have to start somewhere right? According to Iron Dreamer, bass boost is where the flat eq in the user mode starts. I wish I could see what the "audeze" preset looks like so I could tweak it. Normally you hear the sound and can make small adjustments, but this is a little more of a mystery.

Also having an issue on the Mac (with the dongle). If my MacBook Pro goes to sleep and I wake it up the Maxwell reconnects, but the sound is panned a bit to the right. Have to go in the system settings and recenter it.

@Resolve posted some good measurements of the preset EQ's here to give you an idea of what you're dealing with:

https://forum.headphones.com/t/aude...headphones-official-discussion-thread/19925/2

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #2,732 of 4,444
There is no 'flat' preset. We have a target Audeze curve (hence Audeze), and all other presets are emphasized or de-emphasized based on the target curve. There have been posts showing graphs recorded by others.

Most headphones that utilize a dsp will not have an 'off' preset. As the drivers are not tuned out of the box without dsp correction. Some may have a flat target preset, sure, but we do not have one on this headphone. We prefer having curves people will actually utilize. My two cents.

But yes, Audeze would be our "intended" target.
the audeze eq sounds....... damn boring. haha. guess thats how audiophiles like their music?

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #2,733 of 4,444
Something, something, preferences, something, something, we all like different things, something.

We have a host of presets, and 4 easily customizable slots.

Something in there should work for most people.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #2,734 of 4,444
the audeze eq sounds....... damn boring. haha. guess thats how audiophiles like their music?
you think that is boring. this is what I’m running so far. haha

Attachments

• 6AAB6CDB-7B7B-4EB9-891B-0F8DA55B1CB3.png
    6AAB6CDB-7B7B-4EB9-891B-0F8DA55B1CB3.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #2,738 of 4,444
Can we do a poll for who wants sidetone connected to mute? I just can't imagine the majority want it the way it is.
I don't see a need for it to be connected to mute as it should be always on really.

What I need to see is the sidetone electrical/static noise being fixed as it's unusable to me, the noise it produced from nothing is too loud at any level which forces me to turn it off entirely as I don't want to listen to static above my audio!

Mar 24, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #2,739 of 4,444
I don't see a need for it to be connected to mute as it should be always on really.

What I need to see is the sidetone electrical/static noise being fixed as it's unusable to me, the noise it produced from nothing is too loud at any level which forces me to turn it off entirely as I don't want to listen to static above my audio!
Same here, any discussion on what the sidetone should or shouldn't do is pointless as it's current unusable.

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #2,740 of 4,444
We want to keep sidetone and mute separate, this is not going to change, and the shortcut of double pressing the lower wheel to toggle sidetone on/off should more than suffice for controls.

Some people may also want to be able to use sidetone as some sort of ambient mode as well, without outputting their microphone to others. It will remain separate.

We are fully aware of sidetone noise and is an ongoing investigation.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 24, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #2,741 of 4,444
We want to keep sidetone and mute separate, this is not going to change, and the shortcut of double pressing the lower wheel to toggle sidetone on/off should more than suffice for controls.

Some people may also want to be able to use sidetone as some sort of ambient mode as well, without outputting their microphone to others. It will remain separate.

We are fully aware of sidetone noise and is an ongoing investigation.
I actually have used it as an ambient mode. Works great.

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #2,743 of 4,444
Could you have sidetone be post noise reduction? It sounds like room noise to me. You could also just have a light noise gate on it to kill the noise floor when you're not talking.
For me it sounds like electrical interference. If I use sidetone in with the beamforming mic (without the boom mic) then it sounds like room noise, but without electrical interference. I would describe the sound I hear as buzzing and intermittent clicking.

Mar 24, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #2,745 of 4,444
For me it sounds like electrical interference. If I use sidetone in with the beamforming mic (without the boom mic) then it sounds like room noise, but without electrical interference. I would describe the sound I hear as buzzing and intermittent clicking.
I wonder if all headsets do this or not. I've not really noticed it but I'm usually using the headset when sidetone is on so maybe it's covered up by the game noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back