Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 23, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #2,722 of 4,444
And that is to 3rd party retailers around the world or people who have ordered directly from yourselves?
Yes, we expect to be sending the shipment near the end of THIS month to dealers/distributors (Xbox units). Near the end of next month will be for our next large shipment, as far as we been told.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #2,728 of 4,444
There is no 'flat' preset. We have a target Audeze curve (hence Audeze), and all other presets are emphasized or de-emphasized based on the target curve. There have been posts showing graphs recorded by others.

Most headphones that utilize a dsp will not have an 'off' preset. As the drivers are not tuned out of the box without dsp correction. Some may have a flat target preset, sure, but we do not have one on this headphone. We prefer having curves people will actually utilize. My two cents.

But yes, Audeze would be our "intended" target.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #2,729 of 4,444
There is no 'flat' preset. We have a target Audeze curve (hence Audeze), and all other presets are emphasized or de-emphasized based on the target curve. There have been posts showing graphs recorded by others.

Most headphones that utilize a dsp will not have an 'off' preset. As the drivers are not tuned out of the box without dsp correction. Some may have a flat target preset, sure, but we do not have one on this headphone. We prefer having curves people will actually utilize. My two cents.

Totally get it. Just got my xbox Maxwell today so figuring it all out. Tried using the dongle on my iPad and got a lot of static (and a little music). Is the usb-c port on the iPad supported? I had the dongle in PC mode.

One thing I've noticed while playing around with it. I wish the menu voice prompts were relative to volume setting Depending on what I'm listening to, sometimes they are too loud and sometimes they are too soft.

Just a couple of small things.

thanks

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #2,730 of 4,444

Just loaded up the android app. The no flat preset is interesting with having custom eq. You have to start somewhere right? According to Iron Dreamer, bass boost is where the flat eq in the user mode starts. I wish I could see what the "audeze" preset looks like so I could tweak it. Normally you hear the sound and can make small adjustments, but this is a little more of a mystery.

Also having an issue on the Mac (with the dongle). If my MacBook Pro goes to sleep and I wake it up the Maxwell reconnects, but the sound is panned a bit to the right. Have to go in the system settings and recenter it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back