Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 15, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #2,507 of 4,444
Xbox version came in for me today. I’ll post some more thorough impressions another time but what I can confirm is that it works with PS5 when the dongle is in PC mode. For some reason it doesn’t work when the dongle is plugged directly in to the USB-C port at the front of the console, but works when you use the regular USB port with the included A to C adapter (as you do on Xbox).

No perceptible difference in audio quality or peak volume from what I could ascertain. Functionally it seems to act exactly as Penrose X did on Playstation as I anticipated.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #2,508 of 4,444
Xbox version came in for me today. I’ll post some more thorough impressions another time but what I can confirm is that it works with PS5 when the dongle is in PC mode. For some reason it doesn’t work when the dongle is plugged directly in to the USB-C port at the front of the console, but works when you use the regular USB port with the included A to C adapter (as you do on Xbox).

No perceptible difference in audio quality or peak volume from what I could ascertain. Functionally it seems to act exactly as Penrose X did on Playstation as I anticipated.
This is great news! Thanks for letting us know

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #2,510 of 4,444

That's awesome! Mine comes in tomorrow. Can't wait.

Mar 15, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #2,512 of 4,444
I never tried open backs before, as I prefer the convenience of a wireless headphone. But I've always had my eye on the LCD series and the new Meze 109 Pro. Hopefully someday I'll get them
Open backs are inherently superior to closed backs. Closed backs are good because they block off exterior noise and also you don't leak lots of sound where it would not be polite to. If you have a place at home where you can chill out and listen to a good pair of open backs on a decent DAC and amp you will be in heaven. I have both those cans you mentioned, they are both amazing. If I had to pick one if you had a gun to my head, I'd probably pick the LCD-X but everybody is different. The LCD-X are more impactful and the 109Pro are more airy compared to those for example. Glad to have both as each has it's place and time.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #2,514 of 4,444

Wow. So the volume problem seems specific to the PS5 version?

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #2,516 of 4,444
I have the PS version and I use it with a Steamdeck, Android, wired with one PC and with the dongle on another PC, and it's much louder than I would ever go. Maybe the issue is with the PS itself (which I don't have), but not sure.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #2,518 of 4,444
Wow. So the volume problem seems specific to the PS5 version?

I wouldn't say so. on PS5 I measured about 100dB at peak with max output playing just TLOU remastered. I even had a second where it could have been a glitch in my meter but there was a spike at 110dB. That's dangerous levels of volume output right there.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #2,520 of 4,444
So, 7 days of normal use for me on the Maxwell, with pretty much a gaming session of at least 4-5 hrs every night, plus some music listening. Probably 40-50hrs of usage I think.

Battery is at 49%. Bloody awesome:thumbsup:

I was thinking I'd probably need to charge once a week but I could probably get the best part of 2 weeks usage of of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back