Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 14, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #2,461 of 4,444
Thank you for providing this bit of info. It somehow went over my head until you brought it up. I'm glad to hear it resolved your issues!

For now, I bid everyone please ensure you update both headset and dongle through Windows/Mac. If you update through Android, keep in mind it's headset only, so please update your dongle through Windows/Mac soon after to mitigate issues between dongle/headset.
What's the best way to update the dongle? It doesn't pop up on the Windows app for me. Even when I'm connected to the dongle through USB adapter + set to PC.

I never get the prompt to update the dongle through the Windows app.

Xf0Ygkp.png

Mar 14, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #2,462 of 4,444
What's the best way to update the dongle? It doesn't pop up on the Windows app for me. Even when I'm connected to the dongle through USB adapter + set to PC.

I never get the prompt to update the dongle through the Windows app.

Xf0Ygkp.png
The dongle needs to be active in order to get updated.

The following is how I update the dongle and headphone,
  1. Switch the dongle to PC Mode.
  2. Plug the dongle into a PC or a Mac.
  3. Power on the headphone, the LED indicator on the dongle should be lit up.
  4. Open Audeze HQ and switch the Profile to Maxwell and wait until the headset is connected.
  5. Go to Settings page and hit Update Firmware. You’ll be updating the USB Dongle.
  6. The progress will come to around 80~90% and failed. No worries, the dongle should be updated.
  7. Unplug the dongle and connect the headphone to your computer directly using a USB-C cable.
  8. Wait until Audeze HQ detects the headphone and hit Update Firmware to update the headphone.

If the flow above is the same as official update flow, @Audeze really needs to make the update flow simpler.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #2,463 of 4,444
My only very slight issue with the Maxwell was the sizing - middle holes were just a fraction too big while even putting just one side of the band on the smallest setting was too tight.

Decided to put a zipped headband cover over the leather strap - now the middle setting is nigh on perfect for me!

Attachments

• 20230314_071349.jpg
    20230314_071349.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 14, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #2,465 of 4,444
My only very slight issue with the Maxwell was the sizing - middle holes were just a fraction too big while even putting just one side of the band on the smallest setting was too tight.

Decided to put a zipped headband cover over the leather strap - now the middle setting is nigh on perfect for me!
You know I reckon pretty much the only thing that could make the Maxwell better would be a cushioned/slightly elasticated headband - I have a 2.5mm buzzcut all over (not through choice!) and after a few hours of wearing the headset it can get a little uncomfortable with the pressure from the headband.

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #2,466 of 4,444
People who pre ordered the Xbox version through a UK retailer when are you expecting to get them? How long did it take for places to get the PS version once shipping had been announced?
I ordered from Scan but as of yesterday they still had no idea when they’d get them.

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #2,468 of 4,444
You know I reckon pretty much the only thing that could make the Maxwell better would be a cushioned/slightly elasticated headband - I have a 2.5mm buzzcut all over (not through choice!) and after a few hours of wearing the headset it can get a little uncomfortable with the pressure from the headband.
Yea. This cover is very thin but it's still enough to actually make the band a little more comfortable. Will be keeping this on for sure.

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #2,470 of 4,444

Could you pass the purchase link or model to look for it on a website?
Thank you!

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #2,471 of 4,444
I gotta say its been great to see a lot of people mentioning 2042 on here. Long time BF fan really concerned about the game with the launch of 2042, but started playing it a couple months ago again and man is it good. Will never get the player base it should have had if it launched like it is now, but good to see some people are firing it up again to keep it alive and kicking well!

Yeah I've always been a huge BF fan. A friend introduced me to 1942, and since then I've been championing the series. CoD is great, but the BF experience for me is so much better overall.

2042 started out terrible, I managed to get a refund, but I recently started playing again after the class update and it's like a different experience. Not a classic BF by any stretch, but definitely brings hope for future outings.

It's been the only game I've played since using the Maxwell, so quite a good test as it has so much going in. I've found it pretty good at identifying footsteps and directionality as well, even through some more chaotic moments. Loving it!

Mar 14, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #2,473 of 4,444
Does anyone know what exact material the head band and ear pads are made of, and how best to take care of them? i.e. Can I give them a coat of Scotch-guard? My Penrose ear pads were peeling badly after about 1.5 years and I'd like to avoid that this time around.

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #2,475 of 4,444
Does anyone know what exact material the head band and ear pads are made of, and how best to take care of them? i.e. Can I give them a coat of Scotch-guard? My Penrose ear pads were peeling badly after about 1.5 years and I'd like to avoid that this time around.

Generally with synthetic leather you can use silicone based vinyl protector sprays/wipes, but I make no endorsement on how these might affect the Maxwell ear pads or whether it’s a good idea for something that spends so much time right up against your skin.

Personally I’m hoping to replace the ear pads and headband with real leather if aftermarket products like that become available (@DekoniAudio?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back