Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 12, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #2,416 of 4,444
Yeah Apple uses old codecs. You know how they do, you just have to deal with what they offer you smh.
Yea I sold my Iphone 13 pro max I never realised just how bad the sound sucked on it till now. Got full price thankfully. Picked up a samsung for now used LDAC it was much better. You'd think a phone which costs over a thousand pounds would at least offer good audio.

Mar 12, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #2,417 of 4,444
Yea I sold my Iphone 13 pro max I never realised just how bad the sound sucked on it till now. Got full price thankfully. Picked up a samsung for now used LDAC it was much better. You'd think a phone which costs over a thousand pounds would at least offer good audio.
which model
did you get? i have the 12 pro max, love that size, but i don’t wanna pay over a grand again, the S23+ and ultra are the right size, not the right price. what about the A53 ?

Mar 12, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #2,418 of 4,444
Is there a way to have the PS5 only switch output to the Maxwell when the headphone is on? My Penrose automatically switches to headphone output when I turn on the headphones, but the Maxwell dongle seems to be always detected whether or not the headphones are on. Is there any way to change this to work the way the Penrose did?

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #2,419 of 4,444
Is there a way to have the PS5 only switch output to the Maxwell when the headphone is on? My Penrose automatically switches to headphone output when I turn on the headphones, but the Maxwell dongle seems to be always detected whether or not the headphones are on. Is there any way to change this to work the way the Penrose did?
That's weird, I never unplug my dongle and it only switches in when I turn my headset on. I am using the short USB extension and have it plugged into back of Ps5 (so kot using USB c port) not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #2,420 of 4,444
which model
did you get? i have the 12 pro max, love that size, but i don’t wanna pay over a grand again, the S23+ and ultra are the right size, not the right price. what about the A53 ?

The A53 is a great phone, just a great value since you can find them pretty cheap. I’d come from a flagship Sony phone before getting the A53 and it really didn’t feel like a step down despite the mid-range price. I’ve since switched to an iPhone because I wanted something smaller but the A53 was definitely great for what it is

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #2,421 of 4,444
which model
Yea I got the A53 for the time being I will only get a flagship model with upgrades really. The a53 is a nifty model mind.

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #2,422 of 4,444
Guys,

Great community here!

I'm loving my Maxwell so far but I'm not too sure how the game/chat volume slider works.

I've set my discord to chat maxwell for input and chat mic for output devices and windows to game maxwell device.

What does the game/chat volume slider do and how does it work increasing or reducing volumes?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #2,423 of 4,444
That's weird, I never unplug my dongle and it only switches in when I turn my headset on. I am using the short USB extension and have it plugged into back of Ps5 (so kot using USB c port) not sure if that makes a difference or not.
That’s really odd. I’ve tried all usb ports on my PS5 and it always detects the dongle even if my headphones aren’t on and the LED isn’t lit up on the dongle. When yours is off do you still have the audio output of the dongle in the PS5 and it just switches away or something?

I’m confused how my experience is the opposite of yours.

Mar 13, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #2,424 of 4,444
That’s really odd. I’ve tried all usb ports on my PS5 and it always detects the dongle even if my headphones aren’t on and the LED isn’t lit up on the dongle. When yours is off do you still have the audio output of the dongle in the PS5 and it just switches away or something?

I’m confused how my experience is the opposite of yours.
Yeah I don't know why they are behaving differently. If I switch my headset on, audio runs through it. Once I turn it off it's right back through my receiver. Your dongle is set to Playstation right? Not sure if that would make a difference or not, but only thing I can think of.

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #2,425 of 4,444
Managed to have another blast with the Maxwells Friday evening, absolutely fantastic.

Kept it in the immersive EQ for the duration, had a mini living room disco by myself :laughing: followed by some BF 2042 with one of my friends.

Loved how it all sounded, having come from the competent but basic HyperX Cloud 2, the sound was just more 'full'? I guess is how I would describe it.

On the volume note, I set the device output to max in the PS5 setting, then pumped the Maxwell to full volume and it was probably a touch too loud to listen to for a long time, but certainly felt like a 'low' ceiling for max volume, it wasn't painful to my ears or anything.

Back on tonight so can't wait to get stuck in again!

Mar 13, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #2,426 of 4,444
Since updating my headset and dongle, on a number of occasions the maxwell turned off abruptly in the middle of gameplay

Had this happen to me a couple times on PC with the dongle too

Yeah had the same, 3 times on the PC dongle once whilst watching TV connected via bluetooth direct. Used it daily for the past 5 days now, so its not often but still midly annoying.

Mar 13, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #2,427 of 4,444
Yeah had the same, 3 times on the PC dongle once whilst watching TV connected via bluetooth direct. Used it daily for the past 5 days now, so its not often but still midly annoying.
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing these random abrupt shut offs. And there is nothing that I can consistently do that causes the shut down. It just happens.

Mar 13, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #2,428 of 4,444
Managed to have another blast with the Maxwells Friday evening, absolutely fantastic.

Kept it in the immersive EQ for the duration, had a mini living room disco by myself :laughing: followed by some BF 2042 with one of my friends.

Loved how it all sounded, having come from the competent but basic HyperX Cloud 2, the sound was just more 'full'? I guess is how I would describe it.

On the volume note, I set the device output to max in the PS5 setting, then pumped the Maxwell to full volume and it was probably a touch too loud to listen to for a long time, but certainly felt like a 'low' ceiling for max volume, it wasn't painful to my ears or anything.

Back on tonight so can't wait to get stuck in again!
I've stuck with 'Audeze' for BF2042 - I've started playing around with a custom Eq but yet to find anything that works as well for me.

As for Volume - yea - the max volume is lower than I expected it to be but still higher than I'd be comfortable listening at :wink:

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #2,429 of 4,444
I've stuck with 'Audeze' for BF2042 - I've started playing around with a custom Eq but yet to find anything that works as well for me.

As for Volume - yea - the max volume is lower than I expected it to be but still higher than I'd be comfortable listening at :wink:

I might play around with the EQs later, play a game with Audeze EQ, then flip back to Immersive and see what I prefer. Do you have the in-game setting to 'Headphones' or something else like 'Home Theater'?

Yeah for music I was happy to keep it cranked up, not sure if that's a discrepancy with the PS Spotify app? But when I got onto BF I needed to take it down a notch or two, definitely don't want to be listening at that volume with all of the gunshot and explosion noises all the while.

So far though incredibly pleased, as I expected to be. I loved the Penrose despite its flaws, and the Maxwell seems to address a lot of my concerns/gripes with the Penrose and then some, absolutely worth the money and I'll be recommending it to my friends that's for sure!

Mar 13, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #2,430 of 4,444
I might play around with the EQs later, play a game with Audeze EQ, then flip back to Immersive and see what I prefer. Do you have the in-game setting to 'Headphones' or something else like 'Home Theater'?

Yeah for music I was happy to keep it cranked up, not sure if that's a discrepancy with the PS Spotify app? But when I got onto BF I needed to take it down a notch or two, definitely don't want to be listening at that volume with all of the gunshot and explosion noises all the while.

So far though incredibly pleased, as I expected to be. I loved the Penrose despite its flaws, and the Maxwell seems to address a lot of my concerns/gripes with the Penrose and then some, absolutely worth the money and I'll be recommending it to my friends that's for sure!
I've got it set to 3d headphone or something similar from memory in the game's settings - PS5 3d audio off in the main UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back