Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 9, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #2,326 of 4,444
If I'm playing with the Maxwells on my PS5 and they call me on my cell phone, does the PS5 sound get interrupted? (I hate this)

The connection from Maxwell to PS5 through the Doongle is 2.4 ghz or Bluetooth?
It does. An easy workaround would be to not connect to your phone while playing games if you don't like this because there's literally no other reason to be connected since PS audio overrides everything else BT except phone calls lol.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #2,328 of 4,444
Then remove your headset and answer it like a normal person lol simultaneous audio ain’t going to happen on this headset with the dongle being Bluetooth.
I'm not arguing that, but you won't be able to answer if your phone is paired no matter how much you take your headset off, unless you turn off bluetooth before answering. The current behavior is the most adequate, the phone call should interrupt the dongle playback.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #2,329 of 4,444
I'm not arguing that, but you won't be able to answer if your phone is paired no matter how much you take your headset off, unless you turn off bluetooth before answering. The current behavior is the most adequate, the phone call should interrupt the dongle playback.
What phone do you have? On my iPhone I can have multiple headsets and when someone calls I can choose the output on the call screen can choose from normal phone to loudspeaker or my AirPods etc etc

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #2,330 of 4,444
What phone do you have? On my iPhone I can have multiple headsets and when someone calls I can choose the output on the call screen can choose from normal phone to loudspeaker or my AirPods etc etc
Yeah you can on most phones, but this is assuming you even hear it ring, unless it's literally in your pocket at the time and you feel it vibrate. And even if you do, that is an extra step that might prevent you from answering, which I've seen happen (like if you don't remember that is paired, you won't realize why you aren't hearing anything, and by the time you do, they've hung up). If you don't want the bluetooth to interrupt you, just disconnect from your phone, it's a much simpler solution.

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #2,333 of 4,444
Anyone else getting random disconnect issues on PC? I'm connected to the dongle through the USB adapter. Headset would work fine for hours but then there would be random moments where the headset just disconnects and then immediately reconnects to the dongle a few seconds later. It's not a range thing as the dongle is sitting right next to me. Not sure what's causing it.

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #2,335 of 4,444
(I am not sponsored by Audeze and I bought the headset with my own hard earned money)
So yesterday evning I opening parcel from Audeze.co.uk with my Maxwell’s and…just WOW!Build quality is amazing.Comfort is great.
Compared to my previous gaming headsets like:Audeze Penrose X,Beyerdynamic MMX300 gen2,Tygr 300r,PC38X,B&O Beoplay Portal and headphones like hd560s and FidelioX2HR for me MAXWELL is simply THE BEST!!!
Long time I couldn't find something who beat my Ultrasone IQ IEM’s for gaming and music but Audeze Maxwell did it for sure.
Maxwell compared to Penrose X is a big step up in therms of Sound,comfort and build guality.I did not like soundstage in penrose X because for me was very narrow.Sounstage in Maxwell is much wider.Not wide like on Beyerdynamic MMX300 but really close-its very good for closed back headphones.Positiong in games like Apex Legends,Warzone,Fortnite is very very good.On single player games like Ghost of Tsushima,Death Stranding or Cyberpunk 2077 level of immersion is exceptional!They sound clear,detailed and engaging!
I will be very happy If Audeze make some „hybrids earpads” in The near future: leather plus suede or velour.
CONGRATULATIONS AUDEZE‼️
YOU MADE THE BEST GAMING HEADSET
👑MAXWELL👑

Attachments

• 123B997E-C463-48D4-99C1-B82418FC4976.jpeg
    123B997E-C463-48D4-99C1-B82418FC4976.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #2,336 of 4,444
(I am not sponsored by Audeze and I bought the headset with my own hard earned money)
So yesterday evning I opening parcel from Audeze.co.uk with my Maxwell’s and…just WOW!Build quality is amazing.Comfort is great.
Compared to my previous gaming headsets like:Audeze Penrose X,Beyerdynamic MMX300 gen2,Tygr 300r,PC38X,B&O Beoplay Portal and headphones like hd560s and FidelioX2HR for me MAXWELL is simply THE BEST!!!
Long time I couldn't find something who beat my Ultrasone IQ IEM’s for gaming and music but Audeze Maxwell did it for sure.
Maxwell compared to Penrose X is a big step up in therms of Sound,comfort and build guality.I did not like soundstage in penrose X because for me was very narrow.Sounstage in Maxwell is much wider.Not wide like on Beyerdynamic MMX300 but really close-its very good for closed back headphones.Positiong in games like Apex Legends,Warzone,Fortnite is very very good.On single player games like Ghost of Tsushima,Death Stranding or Cyberpunk 2077 level of immersion is exceptional!They sound clear,detailed and engaging!
I will be very happy If Audeze make some „hybrids earpads” in The near future: leather plus suede or velour.
CONGRATULATIONS AUDEZE‼️
YOU MADE THE BEST GAMING HEADSET
👑MAXWELL👑
Enjoy them!
One question, how about the volume with dongle on ps5 with history games?
Do you have to play near maximum volume like other users to feel good immersion?

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #2,337 of 4,444
Enjoy them!
One question, how about the volume with dongle on ps5 with history games?
Do you have to play near maximum volume like other users to feel good immersion?
I've had zero issue with this, I cannot get anywhere near max volume without suffering pain from the headphones being too loud. That's on BT and Dongle. Anything over 75% is very uncomfortable.

Just to check, those with the issue do have the volume in the PS5 settings close to/at max, right? As per the manual:

Note on system volume controls: These controls are not tied to Maxwell’s on-board volume controls. We recommend leaving this setting close to max and fine-tuning the volume from the headphones themselves to give yourself the maximum headroom and gain control. The lower this setting is, the less volume you’ll have to play with on Maxwell’s own physical volume control.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #2,338 of 4,444
Yes, I know, but I've been wearing my Penroses for six months and they're perfectly fine.
Now I want to buy Maxwell for Xbox

The Maxwells do not use the 2.4 ghz protocol to connect to Ps5?? Is it different from Penrose??
You can connect in Two ways, either bluetooth or Dongle. So it works with wireless dongled and BT. Suggest you to use dongle though if you have Playstation edition and plays on Ps5.

Mar 10, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #2,339 of 4,444
Got my mine today! First impressions are very positive.
Sound quality is such a step above any other wireless headset I have used. Bass is so detailed!
Range on the dongle or traditional Bluetooth to my phone is great, phone or pc in my bedroom can use throughout the house without any major loss of quality and no dropouts. Battery life is brilliant!
Mic is very good for a headset, but have a desk mic so don’t plan on using it.

Have a few complaints.
Comfort is the biggest one. Overall pretty good but I’m not a huge fan of thick leather pads, gets really hot after a couple hours. Guess that just preference really.
Main problem is I’m in-between sizes on the headband. Headband on the default size is slightly too small for my liking, too much pressure on the bottom of my ears. On largest, far too big. One on standard and one and large is slightly too big, lots of pressure on the top of my ears. Overall adjusting the size looks and feels terrible compared to like any other headphones I’ve used and have far fewer options than most. Just can’t get a sizing that is truly right for me.

Bluetooth priority on PC is mildly annoying. Auto connects to my phone and my PC, any notifications causes it switch to my phone. So i just discount my phone. Not really a big issue, just have to discount my phone each time I’m using the PC.

With all that said though there still miles above my current G pro X wireless in almost every way. Truly in different league for sound quality. I hate wires so higher end options are very limited and these having dongle plus Bluetooth makes them extremely versatile.
Even with the delays and the mild comfort issues still super happy with the product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back