Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #2,311 of 4,444
It's different on PC. BT audio will prioritize over dongle audio. So if you're on the dongle, and playback a youtube video on the phone, the video audio will take over until you pause. As the BT audio is prioritize, I recommend disabling touch sounds or message tones, etc on your phones, so not to get interrupted every time you touch your phone. or check messages, etc.

Note that you may need to power cycle the Maxwell if the behavior changes.
Oh so mine doesn't do this, power cycle as in turn off then back on?

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #2,314 of 4,444
Ok guys, so about priorities on Dongle + BT.

Bluetooth there are various modes. One for calls, one for other audio.

On Playstation our decision is to prirotize BT for call connections, then the dongle, THEN other BT audio.

This means you will have the Playstation audio be prioritized over standard BT audio, so if you want to listen to your phone and say watch Youtube, you either have to disconnect the dongle, or turn off the Playstation. We can't make everyone happy, and we believe playstation audio to be more important than someone wanting to watch a youtube video/listen to their BT music while their Playstation is on.

So again, BT + dongle hierarchy:

BT calls
PS5 dongle audio
other BT audio

As for Aux, Dongle, BT: Aux/USB wired and can be played at the same time. If an Aux cable is connected, it is supposed to disconnect the dongle. That is the intended behavior. Easily found by plugging in the dongle to a PC, and then connecting the aux cable. You will see the dongle connection disappear from the sound settings.
Honestly, that's perfect and exactly how I would want it! Last thing I want when I'm mid game is get a notification come through and interrupt the audio.

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #2,315 of 4,444
It's different on PC. BT audio will prioritize over dongle audio. So if you're on the dongle, and playback a youtube video on the phone, the video audio will take over until you pause. As the BT audio is prioritize, I recommend disabling touch sounds or message tones, etc on your phones, so not to get interrupted every time you touch your phone. or check messages, etc.

Note that you may need to power cycle the Maxwell if the behavior changes.

Pixelcowboy: That is not the intended behavior, and may be a bug.
I like it though, sounds more like a feature than a bug to me :wink:

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #2,321 of 4,444
If I'm playing with the Maxwells on my PS5 and they call me on my cell phone, does the PS5 sound get interrupted? (I hate this)

The connection from Maxwell to PS5 through the Doongle is 2.4 ghz or Bluetooth?

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #2,323 of 4,444
If I'm playing with the Maxwells on my PS5 and they call me on my cell phone, does the PS5 sound get interrupted? (I hate this)

Personally I like being interrupted as if I get a call it's generally more important to me than my game.

Well Bluetooth is technically 2.4 but it's Bluetooth

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #2,324 of 4,444

It would really suck if it doesn't. What if it's an important call or an emergency and you can't answer it because the headset is paired to your phone and you can't hear anything? That is why simultaneous playback would be ideal, but it it's not possible then this is probably the best compromise.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #2,325 of 4,444
It would really suck if it doesn't. What if it's an important call or an emergency and you can't answer it because the headset is paired to your phone and you can't hear anything? That is why simultaneous playback would be ideal, but it it's not possible then this is probably the best compromise.
Then remove your headset and answer it like a normal person lol simultaneous audio ain’t going to happen on this headset with the dongle being Bluetooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back