Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 9, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #2,269 of 4,444
Voice Prompt Volume and Firmware upgrade both available via the Android app. Just updated my firmware that way. :)
Is this the update that came last week or a newer one?

Thanks I'm an idiot, serves me right for not double checking on lunch!

I would say the app should support dongle connection rather than only Bluetooth but at least this can be set so it's a minor niggle now.
No worries mate I’ve had longer with my piece I didn’t have a clue either at first.

Mar 9, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #2,271 of 4,444
Holy crap that Immersive EQ is so good.

Literally just playing a couple of my favourite tracks over comparing the 'Audeze' base EQ, the tracks just come alive. The base EQ is great, but Immersive is awesome.

I wouldn't consider myself a big 'bass head' but being able to pick out thundering double bass kicks so clearly is so good.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,273 of 4,444
anyone started looking for a decent aftermarket case for these?

It'll fit in cases for large headphones like this

https://www.amazon.com/Large-Sized-Headphones-Replacement-Protective-Compatible/dp/B082NJWZ4Z

But it would be nice to find a case that takes advantage of the fact that the Maxwell's earcups rotate flat, so you don't have to use such a thick case, but I haven't seen a "flat" case that looks like it would fit, probably because most headphones this big don't do that.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #2,274 of 4,444
Mine have turned up, finally!

First impressions, woah these things are built like a brick shithouse! Way better build quality than the Penrose. They feel like a more polished product, even down to the announcer voice which is a bit more pleasant than on the Penrose.

Quick Q - when listening via the dongle, and with the headphones connected via BT to my phone at the same time, I thought any sounds from the phone would interrupt the dongle audio and take over for a moment? Or is it just phone calls that will do that?

I know simultaneous audio isn't possible, and tbh I'd rather have it as mine are, with my phone connected via BT but not getting notification sounds taking over from the dongle audio.

Presumably having the headphones connected via the dongle and via audio will adversely affect battery life.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #2,275 of 4,444
Mine have turned up, finally!

First impressions, woah these things are built like a brick shithouse! Way better build quality than the Penrose. They feel like a more polished product, even down to the announcer voice which is a bit more pleasant than on the Penrose.

Quick Q - when listening via the dongle, and with the headphones connected via BT to my phone at the same time, I thought any sounds from the phone would interrupt the dongle audio and take over for a moment? Or is it just phone calls that will do that?

I know simultaneous audio isn't possible, and tbh I'd rather have it as mine are, with my phone connected via BT but not getting notification sounds taking over from the dongle audio.

Presumably having the headphones connected via the dongle and via audio will adversely affect battery life.
On my Pixel 6 any sounds interrupt.

Mar 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #2,276 of 4,444
On my Pixel 6 any sounds interrupt.
That's very strange - I'm also using a pixel 6.

I've got them connected now to my PS5, listening to something through the Spotify app (fyi, volume is fine - max volume on PS5 settings and anywhere near max on the headset is uncomfortably loud - same as on Bluetooth) and nothing from my phone is taking over, Spotify, YouTube, notifications, nowt.

I'll try a re-pair, although tbh I sort of like it this way... 😁

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #2,277 of 4,444

I've got them connected now to my PS5, listening to something through the Spotify app (fyi, volume is fine - max volume on PS5 settings and anywhere near max on the headset is uncomfortably loud - same as on Bluetooth) and nothing from my phone is taking over, Spotify, YouTube, notifications, nowt.

When you pair you have two options, Audeze Maxwell BT, or Audeze Maxwell BLE, which one did you pair too?

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #2,278 of 4,444
When you pair you have two options, Audeze Maxwell BT, or Audeze Maxwell BLE, which one did you pair too?
The first one, Audeze Maxwell BT - the BLE option never appears and in fact it's greyed out in my developer options on my pixel 6 (non pro). Just re-paired and it's the same.

Screenshot_20230309-160833.png

Mar 9, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #2,279 of 4,444

Wondering if things are just a little buggy right now as I've got mine connected to USB Dongle and BT (via a S23 Ultra). Earlier I'd play music from the S23 and that would take preference over the dongle. An hour or two of usage via the dongle later, I used the phone again for music and couldn't get any sound to play at all via the Maxwell. Needed to power cycle things and disconnect the dongle to get BT audio to work. Probably just some firmware tweaks needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back