Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 8, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #2,206 of 4,444
I’ve made a couple of orders from hifiheadphones recently and paid for the rm 24hr service. Each order arrived after 48hrs. I think it’s the time they pass the order to rm it’s the problem.

I’ve ordered the Maxwell x from scan never had this issue with them.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #2,207 of 4,444
Some tips for Boom Mic static noise.

When attaching Boom Mic to the headset, you may notice repetitive static noise sounds like "tac tac tac …" in the background. The noise level isn’t very high but can still be heard when sidetone is at maximum volume, or through device input when Noise Suppression is Off.

This noise can be lowered or even eliminated by,
  1. Holding the metal stretching arm of the Boom Mic by hand, or
  2. Wire that stretching arm with the metal headphone chassis.
You may found paper tape and aluminum foil very useful! :)

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #2,208 of 4,444
Well paying extra for postage was pointless then - parcel still at Gatwick depot and not expected until tomorrow!

I'm guessing I'll get it the same time as if I hadn't bothered paying extra :frowning2:

Same here.I pay for 24h delivery but…

Interesting, my order is also at Gatwick MC.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but HFH perhaps haven't taken physical delivery to the warehouse, and somehow processed orders direct from Gatwick? I'm assuming that's where the freight order arrived.

As they're in Brighton, and we're all spread around, seems odd that our parcels are all at Gatwick MC, with the same delivery day, by the same carrier - even though you both opted for a different service.

My tracking is telling me it'll be here tomorrow by around midday, can't wait to see the postman for once :smile_phones:

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #2,211 of 4,444
Mine is also at Gatwick MC.

They would have all been picked up at the same time and as HFH are near Brighton, Gatwick is probably the closest main parcel hub. If they got all the pre-orders out yesterday, changes are there was probably a pallet or 2 of headphones going out!
Yea - my guess is my order just got missed as a 24h one and RM sorted them all as 48h deliveries - or RM had an issue with the pickup from HFH/drop off to the sorting centre and so was too late to turn it around for a 24h service (maybe they got snowed in :p ).

HFH have refunded my postage costs so a big thumbs up to them :)

I will have more time to test these tomorrow anyway so not all bad!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #2,213 of 4,444
Tips for iPad Pro with USB Dongle.

I’m using iPad Pro 3rd Gen. (2018), the dongle won’t activate under PC Mode, and produces unbearable loud volume under PS Mode.

The workaround is as follows,
  1. Make sure the iPad Pro isn’t playing any audio.
  2. Open web YouTube using Safari browser.
  3. Play any long video and mute the audio using the YouTube web interface.
  4. Connect the dongle under PS Mode.
  5. Power on the headset without wearing it.
  6. Scroll the Headphone Volume Wheel to increase volume all the way up to 100%, then all the way down to 0%.
  7. Unmute the YouTube video, you should hear nothing from the headphones.
  8. Slowly increase the volume until you hear audio playing.
  9. Wear the headset and adjust the volume to your liking.
29946B1A-BD32-4BA4-9A3B-10EE3E7E9B08.jpeg

* This is just a workaround, needs the official solution from @Audeze.

There is another way to make USB Dongle work, which is by connecting through a USB Hub (I’m using HyperDrive). The PC Mode works perfectly with the hub, but the iPad Pro battery might drained quicker due to the hub.

1AA72737-8DC4-496B-846B-02879BC6703F.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #2,214 of 4,444
Tips for iPad Pro with USB Dongle.

I’m using iPad Pro 3rd Gen. (2018), the dongle won’t activate under PC Mode, and produces unbearable loud volume under PS Mode.

The workaround is as follows,
  1. Make sure the iPad Pro isn’t playing any audio.
  2. Open web YouTube using Safari browser.
  3. Play any long video and mute the audio using the YouTube web interface.
  4. Connect the dongle under PS Mode.
  5. Power on the headset without wearing it.
  6. Scroll the Headphone Volume Wheel to increase volume all the way up to 100%, then all the way down to 0%.
  7. Unmute the YouTube video, you should hear nothing from the headphones.
  8. Slowly increase the volume until you hear audio playing.
  9. Wear the headset and adjust the volume to your liking.
29946B1A-BD32-4BA4-9A3B-10EE3E7E9B08.jpeg

* This is just a workaround, needs the official solution from @Audeze.

There is another way to make USB Dongle work, which is by connecting through a USB Hub (I’m using HyperDrive). The PC Mode works perfectly with the hub, but the iPad Pro battery might drained quicker due to the hub.
so this will bypass apple’s horrible bluetooth codecs? and just pass thru the sound to the dongle right? my samsung tablet sounds way better on bluetooth than my iphone.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #2,215 of 4,444
so this will bypass apple’s horrible bluetooth codecs? and just pass thru the sound to the dongle right? my samsung tablet sounds way better on bluetooth than my iphone.
Yes, the audio quality from USB Dongle is way better than iPad’s bluetooth connection. If you don’t mind wired solution, connecting Maxwell with iPad Pro by using an USB-C cable also works.

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #2,216 of 4,444
My set is at Gatwick MC too but I’m near Birmingham. Unless the tracking hasn’t been updated since leaving? I had the free delivery 48 hour option and ordered Monday night so does look like everyone is getting them at the same time.

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #2,217 of 4,444
It was mentioned in the first few versions of Maxwell User Guide.

81F80FF8-B38A-4975-9923-6203B728D335.jpeg

However, the latest version of the guide has the "LC3+ Bluetooth Adapter" removed.

9C897F45-D3C2-4C49-9EFC-C1C11018DBB3.jpeg

Guess that answers that for sure. I wonder when Audeze decided they had to be so coy about it

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #2,219 of 4,444
My set is at Gatwick MC too but I’m near Birmingham. Unless the tracking hasn’t been updated since leaving? I had the free delivery 48 hour option and ordered Monday night so does look like everyone is getting them at the same time.
Mine is at my nearest mail center as of 3pm, so tracking as expected.

I'm not that far east of Gatwick over in Kent so it's got less distance to travel.

Mar 8, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #2,220 of 4,444
Well. Will be shortly pushing three months since pre-ordering the XBOX Maxwell at B&H, and literally still have zero clue when they will arrive. As in zilch, none. No idea.

Fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back