Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 5, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #2,026 of 4,444
I think it may be due to the dynamic range of the game itself when you select the different options.
In theory, audio sets headphones and TV have a smaller range and the sound is compressed so there isn't as much of a difference between frequency and different volume levels.
Each game is a world, try and stay with the one you like the most, the audio is very subjective and personal.
The strange thing is that there is such a drastic change in frequencies between the two headphones.
Massive difference. It's actually painful to listen to gunfire in MW2 with the default setting.

Anyway, not a criticism, and I'm really enjoying the Maxwell after adjusting. Just weird.

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #2,027 of 4,444
Channel imbalance is one of this „all issues”.Already two people mentioned that.And this is serious problem.
We just have to remember first batch usually have these kind issues. All though launch of maxwell is far from polished but still miles better than penrose that we got earlier. Audeze warranty at least in EU, its superb, and mine would had been exchange for new unit if there was spare unit to begin with and to solve the problem that i had.
If you are willing to hop in for first batch, then its to expected that some may be not as lucky as others, but then there is warranty replacement available so i don't know why would anyone would be "scared" or "turn off" of purchase if this headphone is the one that you want?

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #2,029 of 4,444
Massive difference. It's actually painful to listen to gunfire in MW2 with the default setting.

Anyway, not a criticism, and I'm really enjoying the Maxwell after adjusting. Just weird.

I agree. Personally, I don't think this headset sounds good for MW2 out of the box. Tbh, I'm still using my Astros for COD. When we get custom EQ, I'm hoping Gadgetry Tech releases some good EQ for the game. Audeze was on to something with footsteps, but they need to drop sub-base, upper mids, and treble. To your point, gunshots (and explosions for me) are WAY too loud.

I wish Audeze would ask for testers. I'm sure people would be willing to help and give feedback. Audeze and immersion presets sound good on God of War Ragnarok, but I'm finding most of the preset EQs unplayable.

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #2,030 of 4,444
I agree. Personally, I don't think this headset sounds good for MW2 out of the box. Tbh, I'm still using my Astros for COD. When we get custom EQ, I'm hoping Gadgetry Tech releases some good EQ for the game. Audeze was on to something with footsteps, but they need to drop sub-base, upper mids, and treble. To your point, gunshots (and explosions for me) are WAY too loud.

I wish Audeze would ask for testers. I'm sure people would be willing to help and give feedback. Audeze and immersion presets sound good on God of War Ragnarok, but I'm finding most of the preset EQs unplayable.
Yea but you're a delicate flower a brisk breeze is too loud for you lol

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #2,034 of 4,444

yea music the bass sounds good, playing division 2 on PC with dolby atmos, the bass is ridiculously loud, sounds good but man is heavy. the highs are a little to subdued.

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #2,035 of 4,444
I thinking about canceling my preorder from Audeze.co.uk when I reading about all this issues with MAXWELL.Looks like this headset will be have problems all the time like PENROSE 😔
I already did.

The real question is: will it get ditched within 2 years too, leaving half baked fixes hanging (like this ridiculous BT + wireless voice cue in Penrose) ? Or was the Penrose abandoned because it had too many design mistakes that they had to move on (and is the maxwell more long-term)?

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #2,036 of 4,444
Mar 5, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #2,038 of 4,444
Your favorite delicate flower (ears) here. I’m pretty satisfied Maxwell customer at the moment, however I would the the ability it create custom EQs. Im also not really looking too hard for issues, so far so good with PS5.

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #2,039 of 4,444
Your favorite delicate flower (ears) here. I’m pretty satisfied Maxwell customer at the moment, however I would the the ability it create custom EQs. Im also not really looking too hard for issues, so far so good with PS5.
I'm in the same boat, I'm playing on ps5 and not turning my volume all the way up, maybe like 75%. And I have some hearing damage from concerts, so I can't imagine wanting more volume out of these. I don't notice any imbalance. I'm just missing eq as well, but sounds like that is coming in next few days. Maxwell is miles ahead of Penrose. I don't play COD or Ballefield so can't comment on footsteps.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #2,040 of 4,444
I'm in the same boat, I'm playing on ps5 and not turning my volume all the way up, maybe like 75%. And I have some hearing damage from concerts, so I can't imagine wanting more volume out of these. I don't notice any imbalance. I'm just missing eq as well, but sounds like that is coming in next few days. Maxwell is miles ahead of Penrose. I don't play COD or Ballefield so can't comment on footsteps.
You can easily test if their is an imbalance anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back