Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 3, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,927 of 4,444
A request for Audeze, could you have the priority be aux>usb-c>dongle>bluetooth? My only annoyance after using the Maxwell for a day is that my preferred connection is usb-c during the day when working, but if I want to use it I need to unplug the dongle from my gaming PC. Why is the dongle higher priority than usb-c? Doesn't make much sense since if you are going to the trouble of plugging a wireless headset you should assume that that is what the user wants? The reason I don't want to use aux is that the volume seems lower, microphone quality seems worse (at least with my work pc), and I also want to charge while I work. If you enable this priority, or give us a preference to set it up the headset would be 100% perfect for me.

Mar 3, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,928 of 4,444
Also, to add to this, the microphone priority when using aux doesn't seem to work properly. Besides the volumes being too low, if you have the dongle connected, even though you are listening to the aux audio, you don't get the microphone.

Mar 3, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,933 of 4,444
well it does sound better on the pc in a game with dolby atmos, the mids still seem weird though. listening to music on the iphone is not good at all.
That is at least positive, however for the iphone that leaves it a bit of a mystery. Do you have any experience with any other planars to reference or can you describe the mids a bit more? Is it that they sound bright, detailed recessed or maybe too forward?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back