Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Mar 1, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #1,833 of 4,444
General question for PS5 use, sorry if it seems obvious:

Is it best to set the audio output from the console UI to MAX volume, then control the rest from the headphone? Does this provide the best results?

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,834 of 4,444
General question for PS5 use, sorry if it seems obvious:

Is it best to set the audio output from the console UI to MAX volume, then control the rest from the headphone? Does this provide the best results?
On the penrose I have 80% of the volume in the system and manually add it to the headset at will. Penrose is probably the loudest headset of those that I used, so 100% in the ps5 and 100% in the headset itself is not only dangerous for hearing, but physically it is not particularly comfortable. 120 decibels loudness is not a joke.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,837 of 4,444
On the penrose I have 80% of the volume in the system and manually add it to the headset at will. Penrose is probably the loudest headset of those that I used, so 100% in the ps5 and 100% in the headset itself is not only dangerous for hearing, but physically it is not particularly comfortable. 120 decibels loudness is not a joke.

Oh definitely, I never maxed it out on Penrose, it was more a question of is it more beneficial to max the sound output to the headphone, then use the headphone dial to control from there.

I certainly don't want to blow my head off haha.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #1,838 of 4,444
Oh definitely, I never maxed it out on Penrose, it was more a question of is it more beneficial to max the sound output to the headphone, then use the headphone dial to control from there.

I certainly don't want to blow my head off haha.
The chance of accidentally turning the volume wheel and getting hit in the ears is significantly higher at the maximum volume in the system, most likely, therefore, when you turn on the maxwell volume, it is always at an average level.

Mar 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,840 of 4,444
Audeze: What is the current stage with the XBox version? Do they have the headset with a release candidate firmware to approve it with? And if so, since when?

Mar 1, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #1,843 of 4,444
Thanks for a detailed range rundown, @zbrictson ! Question for you, @HipHopScribe and @Audeze: if setup rig has other Bluetooth adapters (EG - mouse dongle) or other nearby Bluetooth signals active, does that affect range or connection stability?

I was curious about interference too, so tested my Maxwells + dongle side-by-side with my Fiio BTA30 (running from a different device, playing music in Bluetooth transmission mode, AptX HD, to my Amiron Wireless). I literally had my Maxwell dongle (plus extension cable) sitting on top of the BTA30, and I didn't have any audible drops or interference with the Maxwell until the normal edge of the signal range. The Maxwell was running from a USB hub that also had a wireless mouse & keyboard dongles plugged in. On top of that my phone was also connected to the Maxwell via Bluetooth, and I had other wireless devices like smartwatches, phones, wi-fi, all going around the house. Of course cases may very, there are so many variables at play with different wireless signals that may be flying around at any given time that you never know, but I haven't found interference from other devices to be an issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back